About This File
"The Other 100 Tiles" is the sequel to my first levelset, "Pit of 100 Tiles". This features 100 levels, a few of which are in CCLP1. I submit all levels in this set for CCLP4 consideration. However, Level 50 relies on hints in other levels, so I don't want it to be in CCLP4 unless a similar idea is implemented there.
Some of these levels introduce new concepts I thought of, and some others are remakes of levels from some of my levelsets from before Pit of 100 Tiles, which were lost in computer failures. Still others feature highly unusual and experimental designs, and some revisit concepts from Pit of 100 Tiles in a more difficult way.
Some things to note about this set:
- This is significantly harder than Pit of 100 Tiles, especially near the end. I recommend you play that set first along with either CCLP1 or CC1 before playing this set.
- As you are playing, you might come across some "secret hints." Make sure to remember or write down what they say! They'll help you a lot in Level 50!
I would like to heartily thank Michael Warner, J. B. Lewis, Tyler Sontag, Ryan J., and Josh Lee for playtesting this set and providing feedback. Their efforts kept probably a dozen busts out of the final product. Also, thank you to Jeffrey Bardon for streaming the set and providing his feedback; in addition to being fun to watch, the stream helped me find a few minor issues and frustrating parts that I've now taken efforts to correct.
What's New in Version 1.101 See changelog
- 1.100 -- Changes to remove two minor busts and cut down on a bit of frustration
- #26 Plinko: Time limit extended by 50 seconds to accommodate its earlier-than-anticipated placement in the set
- #49 Parameciapartments: Hint now mentions the possibility of getting trapped in the top of the lower-right section; also, cut out many of the paramecia from the chaotic trails in the lower-left area
- #58 Toll Road: Added hint pointing out the tank in the upper/left area
- #60 Open Problems: Modified the Conveyor Craze section slightly to prevent a slide-delay bust. The intended solution still works with no changes.
- #65 Palace of the Pentablock Trials: Added another hint and expanded the text to tell the player to take all monsters with them in the top area
- #69 Dances with Tanks: Cut the length of the level from 7 repetitions of the beat pattern to 4, and made the exit area a bit wider
- #88 Chasing A Dream: Made some of the slides longer and cut out the middle slide to prevent the player from executing an unintended solution