• 472 posts

• Favourite Set:CCLP1
  • My Top CC1 Levels
  • My Bottom CC1 Levels
  • My Top CC2 Levels
  • My Bottom CC2 Levels
Contributor

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:44 PM

Thank you for the feedback mobius. I'm glad you're mostly enjoying the levels.

You make some valid points about the difficulty. To be honest, I didn't think much about this when I built the set: for the most part, the levels are in the order in which they were designed :P Maybe I should reorganize them...

Ghost Run isn't really a very good level. I should probably move it later in the set or remove it entirely.

I'm aware of the bust in Hexagons of Slime :( Can you think of a way it could be fixed?

I'm glad you liked Ladybugs, it's one of my favourite levels too. The title is a reference to a game I played when I was younger, which inspired the puzzle. The transmogrifer is something I put on a regular basis in my levels, to give the player the choice between playing as Chip or Melinda when it doesn't affect the gameplay.

I'm not sure you're solving Confusion the intended way...

Spoiler

Once again, thank you for the feedback. The levels get better later on, I think.

#22 mobius

REVERSE ALLEY

• Members
  • 355 posts

• Favourite Set:N/A
  • My Top CC1 Levels
  • My Bottom CC1 Levels
  • My Top CC2 Levels
  • My Bottom CC2 Levels

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:32 PM

Ghost Run isn't really a very good level. I should probably move it later in the set or remove it entirely.

I'm aware of the bust in Hexagons of Slime :( Can you think of a way it could be fixed?

I'm not sure you're solving Confusion the intended way...

Spoiler

on Hexagons of Slime: actually I can! I made a tiny sample level to demonstrate (because that's easier than explaining it)

https://dl.dropboxus...exagon test.c2m

Unfortunately this would require wires and thus you couldn't have a hint around all four sides of each block.But I don't think it would look too bad. You could always check 'hide logic' too if you wanted.
I would also; however, highly suggest cutting down the initial number of blobs at least a little bit or altogether; there's quite a bit
at the start, making it difficult from the very beginning.

on Confusion: oh I see, this level is different from what I thought at first. I didn't actually solve it, I'll take another look.

Idk if I'd say Ghost Run is a bad level, I like the concept (I think, I haven't solved it yet, sorry for not specifying). Maybe it can be tweaked?

#23 chipster1059

NOW YOU SEE IT

• Members
  • 472 posts

• My Top CC1 Levels
  • My Bottom CC1 Levels
  • My Top CC2 Levels
  • My Bottom CC2 Levels
Contributor

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

on Hexagons of Slime: actually I can! I made a tiny sample level to demonstrate (because that's easier than explaining it)

https://dl.dropboxus...exagon test.c2m

Unfortunately this would require wires and thus you couldn't have a hint around all four sides of each block.But I don't think it would look too bad. You could always check 'hide logic' too if you wanted.
I would also; however, highly suggest cutting down the initial number of blobs at least a little bit or altogether; there's quite a bit
at the start, making it difficult from the very beginning.

on Confusion: oh I see, this level is different from what I thought at first. I didn't actually solve it, I'll take another look.

Idk if I'd say Ghost Run is a bad level, I like the concept (I think, I haven't solved it yet, sorry for not specifying). Maybe it can be tweaked?

Thank you for this fix!  It will be implemented in the next update of the set, which should come before the end of the year.

Ghost Run can be tweaked, just move the ghost to the bottom left corner (facing right) to make it less strict.  This change will also be included in the next version.  Also don't feel bad: you DID say you haven't solved it yet.

#24 chipster1059

NOW YOU SEE IT

• Members
  • 472 posts

• My Top CC1 Levels
  • My Bottom CC1 Levels
  • My Top CC2 Levels
  • My Bottom CC2 Levels
Contributor

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:18 PM

It's every level designer's dream to make a 149-level set.

When I first started designing levels in 2013, that was my goal too.  However, after a long time working on 1059CC01, as I called it at the time, I realized I only had about 100 levels, and out of those only about 50 were actually playable.  So I just shelved the 149-level set and released C1059-1 at 50 levels.  After that, I released C1059-2, also 50 levels, and several other sets, but none reached more than 50 levels.

Finally, three years later, I finally achieve my goal.

C1059-CC2 has received another update and now has 149 levels.  In addition, all levels have replays (except 136, which is in split view).  Two levels, 29 and 98, have two solutions, so each level has two files, each with its own replay.

I have also made a few other fixes and changes.  Here is a list of these changes (all of them will break existing solutions unless otherwise stated):

Spoiler

Also, this will most likely be the last update to C1059-CC2 in a long time.  Due to real life, I won't have enough time to design new levels.

Thanks for playing, and I hope you enjoy this set.

EDIT: on 30 December 2016 I updated this set to replace level 131.  No other levels were changed.  I would rather not say more.

Edited by chipster1059, 30 December 2016 - 09:51 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CC2, Levelset, Chipster1059

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users