• Favourite Set:CCLP3
  • My Top CC1 Levels
  • My Bottom CC1 Levels
Contributor

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:55 AM

This one's a good one.

CCZ-TT-1705.ccl (1.1)
Last Updated May 06 2017 08:47 AM

This time we are running the competition in Lynx! (Of course I forgot to change the file to default to that, so that's why the version is 1.1.)

The first level in MS would just have a touch too much boosting so I thought more people would enjoy it in Lynx. I will of course still be interested in seeing you MS routes, so send those too even if we are concentrating on Lynx in the competition. (I'll even try to figure out what your route is worth in Lynx for you if you want.)

The first level, Frozen Polyominoes, is one of those chip collecting levels with shapes, but this time the chips surround the shapes instead of the forming them. Can you recognize the set of polyominoes, that is, what characteristic defines them? The second level, Linked Lite, is a shortened version of one found in lookatthis's 60 Minutes.dat. I found it to be a fun monster manipulation level, and I hope you will too.

Usually we add up the remaining seconds on the levels to determine a score, but this time the disparate nature of the levels calls for something a bit different. A gain of one second in the first level does not feel the same as in the second one, due to both the open nature of the first one and the equalizing last room of the second one. Thus, we'll see what happens if we consider the seconds in the first level to be twice as valuable than those in the second for scoring purposes. 

Enjoy!

-Miika

Details (including the deadline of JUNE 11th):

Spoiler

#2 rubenspaans

FORCED ENTRY

• Members
  • 106 posts

• Favourite Set:CC2
  • My Top CC1 Levels
  • My Bottom CC1 Levels
  • My Top CC2 Levels
  • My Bottom CC2 Levels

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:49 AM

As someone who mainly plays Lynx I'm very happy to see this. :)

#3 Ihavenoname248

TELENET

• CCLP4 Staff
  • 423 posts

• Favourite Set:CCLP1
  • My Top CC1 Levels
  • My Bottom CC1 Levels
  • My Bottom CC2 Levels
Contributor

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

Personally, I feel that seconds on both levels have similar value. The last room of Linked Lite may equalize in (roughly) 8 move increments, but this just means you skip a second on every other gained cycle. The remainder of the level is a lot more prone to large gains than Frozen Polyominoes is.

Perhaps instead of seconds being twice as valuable, the decimal of Frozen Polyminoes could matter?

#4 M11k4

YORKHOUSE

• Senior Staff
  • 739 posts

• My Top CC1 Levels
  • My Bottom CC1 Levels
Contributor

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:50 AM

I want to try the score doubling on the first level, you know because I like playing around with voting and ranking systems :)

It's not just about the equalizers in the second level, but also how just two moves in chip collecting levels like the first one can require a completely different take. I suspect that the range of scores submitted to the first level will be much smaller than for the second level. And now that I have worked on them myself, I see that my initial score on the second level had more to gain than on the first level. I think both these speak in favor of some kind of weight on the scores. It will be interesting to see if the rankings would change at all if we did it differently (I suspect they might not), but let's just use what I first announced. I don't want to be looking at decimals on Lynx solutions!

I'm pretty ready to freeze my scores, so can't wait to see what you guys will send in soon!

EDIT: Forgot to announce the Early Bird Bonus! If you submit your solutions by May 21st, you get an additional Chip Cup point!  1star

Edited by M11k4, 10 May 2017 - 09:10 AM.
Early Bird!

#5 rubenspaans

FORCED ENTRY

• Members
  • 106 posts

• Favourite Set:CC2
  • My Top CC1 Levels
  • My Bottom CC1 Levels
  • My Top CC2 Levels
  • My Bottom CC2 Levels

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:44 AM

EDIT: Forgot to announce the Early Bird Bonus! If you submit your solutions by May 21st, you get an additional Chip Cup point!  1star

Will I still get this bonus if I submit before this date and send improvements after the date?

#6 M11k4

YORKHOUSE

• Senior Staff
  • 739 posts

• My Top CC1 Levels
  • My Bottom CC1 Levels
Contributor

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:56 PM

Will I still get this bonus if I submit before this date and send improvements after the date?

Yes. I can't think of a reasonable restriction on this that wouldn't just make things too complicated, so I'll rather err on the side that sounds more fun :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: time trial, 2017, M11k4, Lynx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users