Time Trial

January 2012

Name of levels: "Productivity" and "Hip to Be Square"

MS or Lynx: MS

Time Limit: 60 and 400, respectively

Created by John Lewis

Deadline: February 1, 2012 - 12:00 a.m. GMT

Download: http://cczone.invisi...l-january-2012/

TWS solutions and AVIs will be accepted for this competition. Please send them to rockdet at rocket_rg@msn.com. The participant with the best combined time - the most seconds remaining across both levels - will be declared the winner. Enjoy, and have fun chipping!

• Upvote 1

No AVIs? :(

I'm afraid it's up to JB to decide on this. :)

By the way JB, great levels! You understand the perfect logic of making a Time Trial level. I hope to see you make more for CC Zone in the future! (Y)

Gotcha. I'll be sure to allow AVIs and edit the original post accordingly. :)

Just sent my entry in.

About the levels, I really liked level 1, but level 2 just turned into another Tree of Life for me... It was a fine level, I just didn't like it.

Thanks, Ben!

I'm not really aiming for ultra-complex levels these days, to be honest - just trying to keep the gameplay simple while maintaining design tactics reminiscent of CC1. So there probably won't be a huge amount of new unique ideas and puzzles in my upcoming set release. :)

I'm not really aiming for ultra-complex levels these days, to be honest - just trying to keep the gameplay simple while maintaining design tactics reminiscent of CC1. So there probably won't be a huge amount of new unique ideas and puzzles in my upcoming set release. :)

That's quite all right by me - I've been preferring to play that type of level lately over long complex puzzle-type levels, probably in part due to not always having large amounts of time to set aside for CC playing and partly due to laziness. :D Plus it's easier to play the simpler CC1-style levels without the editor, which adds some fun factor as well...

That's quite all right by me - I've been preferring to play that type of level lately over long complex puzzle-type levels, probably in part due to not always having large amounts of time to set aside for CC playing and partly due to laziness. :D Plus it's easier to play the simpler CC1-style levels without the editor, which adds some fun factor as well...

I think a lot of people are in your position these days. :) Which is probably a good thing.

Thanks, Markus! Simple and straightforward are what I'm hoping to go for in my latest levels.

Here we are, folks. Who was the fastest racer?!

We got 6 entries for this opener, the best one leaving 9 seconds on the clock on "Productivity" and a tremendous 333 on "Hip to be Square", cheer up for our January 2012 Time Trial Competition winner: pieguy!

The standings and points for the Chip Cup:

pieguy 9+333 = 342 -- 15pts

Markus 9+331 = 340 -- 12pts

M11k4 9+330 = 339 -- 10pts

Hornlitz 7+328 = 335 -- 8pts

paulgilb 8+324 = 332 -- 7pts

geodave 1+244 = 245 -- 6pts

Congratulations and thanks for participating!

Congrats to the winner! May you slip and fall and not be able to participate this month.

And good job Markus too! Am impressed. (And thanks for hinting that my score of 8 seconds on the first level wasn't optimal :) ) (btw, I thought my 330 was decent, but am not surprised to have it beaten considering the many combinations and the time I spent on the level.)

And hats off to JB for the levels! I wonder what your scores were?

And thanks to Rock for the scoring. We appreciate the speed of that too. When will the winning submissions be viewable somewhere?

And I guess thanks to everyone for not locking this thread ever.

-Miika