Sign in to follow this  
Melinda9

Where are you from ?

Hi chipsters !!!

I have a question :

Where are you from ?

I thought most of you are from America but... Maybe I am wrong :)

:glider::chipwin: I am from France and actually living in Middle East :):ph34r::spy:

I'm from Canada, but I think that's as specific as I'll get.

Though I've been to Almost every state bordering Canada in the US, and Great Britain.

Quite a bit of the CCLP3 staff was from outside America. :) This made for some interestingly timed e-mail responses...

COOL !

thank's for your answers guys !

I know we can look to the location of each one in profils but I felt it was more polite and convivial to ask :)

Génial Rockset, tu parles français ! Comment est le Quebec ? Froid en ce moment ?

Reynaldi, cool u are from Indonesia ! I went arround there in Malaisia, it's such a paradise !!! White beachs with palms, waters full of wonderful fishes ! I am so jealous, I am just living a desert where it's quiet hard to hang out !!!!

For now, except for few exception, the CC community defenitly has its headquarters in America !!! Cool !

Born and raised in Pittsburgh,, Pennsylvania; currently residing in Indiana. My dad's family is from Taiwan, and I've promised myself that if Rick Santorum gets elected president this November, I'm moving there.

(Not to instigate a political war here!)

;)

Le Québec est froid et enneigé. On ne peut même pas jouer au hockey à l'extérieur à cause de la neige :(

Ahhh, languages... Bring Andrew Gapic over here, we'll have a 3-way conversation :P:teeth:

India.

Je sais un peu Francais, having learnt some of it in school; but I can only read a bit, write very less, pronounce extremely little, and would be completely lost trying to understand a spoken conversation. But I think I understood most of what was written above. :rolleyes:

- Madhav.

• Upvote 2

I love efforts to learn other languages, that's part of a cultural knowledge and history and I think it's worth stopping on these when you're learning about other people :)

I also speak Spanish. It's quite off, but I fully understand the written. Couldn't produce anything fluid though :P

I was quite competent in the Spanish classes I took at my undergrad institution...but because they offered me no immediate reward, I stopped studying the language as soon as I completed the requisite courses.

(Typically American attitude, that.)

• Upvote 1

I am from California. Whole life I've been here. Bay Area, actually.

J.B., I didn't know you used to live around here!

I am from California. Whole life I've been here. Bay Area, actually.

J.B., I didn't know you used to live around here!

I'll be sure to let you know when next I visit!