Sign in to follow this  
Melinda9

Where are you from ?

Le Québec est froid et enneigé. On ne peut même pas jouer au hockey à l'extérieur à cause de la neige :(

Oh vraiment ? Il y a tant de neige que ça ? Combien en est-il tombé ? Un mètre ?

Chez moi ici c'est le désert, il fait chaud la journée mais très frois la nuit :). La neige me manque !

Cool, Madhav, Namaste ! let's talk French :) essayons de parler français bien que je sache que c'est une langue difficile !

I also think that it's important to learn other languages but it requires such a lot of efforts, especially to be fluent, it takes ages !

I feel it's very difficult to learn Arabic because I learnt a litterature language which is very different from what people are speaking in the streets here so it makes it harder and harder !!!

Excellent green kitten ! C'est incroyable tous les gens qui parlent français je suis étonnée !!!! Car nous les Français nous parlons si peu les autres langues !!!

So many people who can speak French, Amazinnnnng

I'm fron North-east London, local to famous faces such as Olly Murs, Stacey Solomon, and Amy Childs, the first two who I've seen at least once in person.

Aussi, je parle francais, mais j'admets que c'est un peu nul. Je n'aime pas ca etant donne que mon prof (gave me) mauvais notes au l'ecole.

And it's freezing here, and the only place I can practice darts is in the garden.

I'm fron North-east London, local to famous faces such as Olly Murs, Stacey Solomon, and Amy Childs, the first two who I've seen at least once in person.

Aussi, je parle francais, mais j'admets que c'est un peu nul. Je n'aime pas ca etant donne que mon prof (gave me) mauvais notes au l'ecole.

And it's freezing here, and the only place I can practice darts is in the garden.

You win the 'closest to Jacques' award. For now.

Today was -20C outside, dead cold. There was a snowstorm Thursday that went also on Friday, coming back from my university was such a pain lemme tell ya.

We have around 2 feet of snow.

I guess that I had better speak up for Australia....that's where I am from- many years ago (1969) But, on the other hand, I am now in Idaho, USA. (some ingnoratnt people get the state of Iowa mixed up with Idaho) -some people think that I am not all there, because I am not all here....whatever that means. Well, at least I am alive- at 69 years old.

Ian Wilson

Like James, I am from British Columbia, Canada. I live in a community of about 400 on Lake Cowichan in a rain forest. I visited la belle province last summer, and especially enjoyed old Quebec City. I took a car trip with the wife to Nova Scotia to visit her brother, returning back to BC through the center of the US. Round trip of 24,000 Km. over 2 months travel time.

Ian

Like James, I am from British Columbia, Canada. I live in a community of about 400 on Lake Cowichan in a rain forest. I visited la belle province last summer, and especially enjoyed old Quebec City. I took a car trip with the wife to Nova Scotia to visit her brother, returning back to BC through the center of the US. Round trip of 24,000 Km. over 2 months travel time.

Ian

Old Quebec City is definitely worth it.

Rockdet, We also met lovely hospitality while there. We even met a tour guide from Belgium who also spoke german and english up in the citidel. And the food!!! Wow!

Ian

If you come to live in America Tom, don't come to California. It totally sucks here (Y)

What part of California are you from? Just the other day I was listening to someone talk about how amazing San Francisco is. I didn't believe them, but then, I dislike large cities.

I'm from Sweden. But I'm 25% Brittish and 25% Finnish.

I, too, understand French - at least so much as what you've written in this thread.

Speaking Swedish, I'm guessing Miika might understand, but probably noone else?