This is a CC1 set, not a CC2 set.

I began building it almost immediately after releasing C1059-1.  Currently, it has about 40 levels.  I hope to release it when I have 50.  The set will be solvable in Lynx and MS, but not in pedantic Lynx.  I have no immediate plans to make it work for the Steam ruleset, but it may come eventually.

I am currently searching for playtesters for the set.  If you would be interested, please send me a PM.  Thanks!

Here it is:

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/502-c1059-2/

This will probably be my last CC1 set, apart from a compilation set for CCLP4 which will become available in a few days.

Thanks to Cyberdog for playtesting this set.  Without his help, it would contain many busts and various other issues.

Please leave feedback.  Thanks for playing!

Looks interesting...not sure when I'll have time to play, though.

Since CCLP4 looks like it's going to be CC2 compatible, have you considered porting these levels?

Since CCLP4 looks like it's going to be CC2 compatible, have you considered porting these levels?

I will port them soon.  The only problem is that CC2 only supports pedantic connections (except using logic circuits, but they take a lot of space), so some of these levels may need to be completely redone, meaning the process may take a while.

For example, Clover (C1059-2 #50) has a lot of buttons at the very left of the level, and these are critical for the rest of the level.  This one will probably be the hardest one to port.

Also, all the clone machines point down after I converted my set through DAT2C2G.  They will all have to be rebuilt.  Rather annoying.

For example, Clover (C1059-2 #50) has a lot of buttons at the very left of the level, and these are critical for the rest of the level.  This one will probably be the hardest one to port.

Also, all the clone machines point down after I converted my set through DAT2C2G.  They will all have to be rebuilt.  Rather annoying.

I don't have much to say about your set since it's kind of hard on the eyes to transition back to CC1 :P but I will say you don't necessarily have to port all your levels :)

As the playtester of this set, I recommend playing it. I enjoyed playtesting it and it has a lot of good levels. I hope some of them can make it into CCLP4.

• Upvote 1

I will say you don't necessarily have to port all your levels :)

It's true that some of them are pretty much impossible to port.  And recently I looked at some old C1059-1 levels and some of them are so bad they don't deserve to be ported.

Hi Chipster, I'm testing your set for CCLP4, and I can't figure out if the top half of Decisions (#15 in this set, #20 in your CCLP4 set) is solvable. I can't figure out a way to pull off two partial posts like you can with the bottom section. The solution would be appreciated  :D

• Upvote 1

Hi Chipster, I'm testing your set for CCLP4, and I can't figure out if the top half of Decisions (#15 in this set, #20 in your CCLP4 set) is solvable. I can't figure out a way to pull off two partial posts like you can with the bottom section. The solution would be appreciated  :D

Pick up the suction boots, enter the green room and put the three blocks on the trap buttons.  Pick up the green key.  Use one of the blocks to blow up the bomb at [4,11] and pick up the chip.  Use another to remove the water at [10,11].  Push the third one out of the room through the teleport, then back inside and onto the force floor at [11,9].  DO NOT OPEN THE LOCK AT [12,9].  Exchange the suction boots for the flippers and go pick up the other two chips.  Clone a block to partial post into the water room.  Clone the other two blocks and remember not to pack the dirt at [11,1].

Are there any other problematic levels?

Thanks for the solution. In terms of your CCLP4 submission, all the levels have now been tested and these are the ones that are currently ineligible:

#11 (Bottomless Pit): This was sort of hard to gauge, but death at the end of the level while opening the sockets seems more probable in Lynx than in MS. I'd recommend removing the chance ending completely, making the level less frustrating and more equal between rulesets.

#33 (Hexagons of Slime): Unequal between rulesets, block slapping in Lynx makes it possible to never clone additional blobs.

#55 (Reviewing Everything): Busted in MS, one can go through the ice corner at 5,28, avoiding the thief. With the ice skates, one can skip the second room. This can be fixed by placing a wall at 5,27 and a west thin wall at 6,28.

Edited by quiznos00
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the solution. In terms of your CCLP4 submission, all the levels have now been tested and these are the ones that are currently ineligible:

#11 (Bottomless Pit): This was sort of hard to gauge, but death at the end of the level while opening the sockets seems more probable in Lynx than in MS. I'd recommend removing the chance ending completely, making the level less frustrating and more equal between rulesets.

#33 (Hexagons of Slime): Unequal between rulesets, block slapping in Lynx makes it possible to never clone additional blobs.

#55 (Reviewing Everything): Busted in MS, one can go through the ice corner at 5,28, avoiding the thief. With the ice skates, one can skip the second room. This can be fixed by placing a wall at 5,27 and a west thin wall at 6,28.

Thank you for pointing these out.  A new version fixing these issues has been released.