Sign in to follow this  
AdrenalinDragon

CC Zone custom tilesets now on download database!

Hey everyone! I just added a custom tileset section on the CC Zone download database so you can now upload your custom BMP tilesets! For obvious reason, it'll have to be moderated first before it's up. Enjoy! :)

I'm not a graphic artist by any stretch, but I think it would be interesting to see a tileset in which some of the elements - particularly monsters - are deliberately changed. Why feel stuck with gliders when you can go with alligators? :)

Of course, this would make certain levels' aesthetics completely different...but it's just a thought.

Well, aesthetics are automatically changed whenever you pick an alternate tileset (which there are many available around) so I think that's another great addition there!

That's true, but for the most part, the tiles remain the same color and contain the same basic spirit: fireballs are always the same warm-colored fireballs, even if they may be shaped differently. I was referring to more drastic changes. :)

That's true, but for the most part, the tiles remain the same color and contain the same basic spirit: fireballs are always the same warm-colored fireballs, even if they may be shaped differently. I was referring to more drastic changes. :)

I've already got one planned for next month. :)

James! James! James!

My tileset will come out soon. I'm not great with aesthetics and I want this to look good, so... :P

I just realised a flaw on the tileset downloads. You can just right click on the BMP and download it like that. :D

I'd call it a feature :-) If we could only have someone code trap connections, passwords, and such into a map of a level, and be able to convert it back into a level, we could share level previews as pictures as well!

Wondering why we're discussing anything in the announcements forum,

-Miika

I have a tileset that I've made several years ago. I'd like to share it but haven't gotten round to it since I haven't modified all the tiles. Do I need to edit everything before it's ok to upload it?

I'd love to see a Christmas tileset - it worked for Jetpack, where you were Santa and had to fill up trees with presents instead of collecting emeralds off pedestals. :D

I have a few tilesets that i made that i'll upload here. One is an "inverted" tileset (all the colors are reversed). The other i just made as a joke; each tile has its name on it, nothing more. This one's not finished.

I'm reminded of when I drew levels on paper as a kid and labeled invisible walls as "IW." :P

I'm reminded of when I drew levels on paper as a kid and labeled invisible walls as "IW." :P

I did that too! :D And after quickly paging through some of them again, I see sometimes I actually wrote out "invisible wall", as well as the names of other not-so-obvious tiles, and I noticed one level had labels for the chip socket and exit - "gray thing" and "blue". :P

The funny thing is that even when I did discover the editor, one of my first levels was called "The I.W. Maze." :P

Sign in to follow this