Sign in to follow this  
James

The official highscores

I've already finished it, but I haven't optimized every level yet. I think I'm about less than 30 away...

I've already finished it, but I haven't optimized every level yet. I think I'm about less than 30 away...

Well, let me know when you post your scores so I can give you your award. :)

You're probably right around Pieguy anyways, so why hold back? :P

Updated, most notably with the recent surprise CC1 action...

Does anyone have AVI's or TWS's for these new records, or are these new routes being kept secret?

Spooks and Lemmings are only known to PG at the moment, and he never releases his records. J.B. and myself have also scored Amsterdam, but I doubt you'll see a video of it by us either. Still, Amsterdam looks to be the easiest of the mystery routes to figure out, so it stands the highest chance of being scored by someone that wants to release it on video...*stares somewhere in the direction of Andrew B* :P

It's especially difficult to know that there's an extra second on Lemmings after spending days upon days two years ago trying to find it, only to get up to 576.8.

There actually are BBQ peanuts in the world?! :)

That's it. There needs to be a level named "BBQ Peanuts."

Spooks and Lemmings are only known to PG at the moment, and he never releases his records. J.B. and myself have also scored Amsterdam, but I doubt you'll see a video of it by us either. Still, Amsterdam looks to be the easiest of the mystery routes to figure out, so it stands the highest chance of being scored by someone that wants to release it on video...*stares somewhere in the direction of Andrew B* :P

Or me :P

Yeah we have barbecue peanuts, I thought it was universal though :P

Also, I'll make that level :P

I think the only ones in CC1 that are truly in question are "Blobnet" and "Cake Walk," as it's unknown whether or not random seeds that allow for the bold solution exist. Though I'm almost certain that there probably isn't one for "Blobnet." :)

I think the only ones in CC1 that are truly in question are "Blobnet" and "Cake Walk," as it's unknown whether or not random seeds that allow for the bold solution exist. Though I'm almost certain that there probably isn't one for "Blobnet." :)

Yeah, but the probability of zero blobs blocking you on "Blobnet" is like what, less than 1% chance? :blink:

The Melinda overall scores are all possible to reach, since those scores are what you would have if you had all bold times (and all bold times are guaranteed to be possible, since by definition they have all been scored by at least one player). On the other hand, Melinda times on individual levels (such as the theoretical maximum 444 on Blobnet) are not necessarily possible as J.B. explained.

Lol, I'm still working on completing all the levels in the original CC1 1-149 in a playthrough. When I first played CC in like '05 I finished, I think about 140 levels, but not all of them. One of them was Totally Unfair, of course. Whenever I have the time for CCLP3 :)

Lol, I'm still working on completing all the levels in the original CC1 1-149 in a playthrough. When I first played CC in like '05 I finished, I think about 140 levels, but not all of them. One of them was Totally Unfair, of course. Whenever I have the time for CCLP3 :)

CCLP3 takes longer to complete than any other Chip's Challenge set so you're probably best off just starting from CC1 then working your way to CCLP3.

CCLP3 takes longer to complete than any other Chip's Challenge set so you're probably best off just starting from CC1 then working your way to CCLP3.

Yeah a few months ago I decided to just go from CC1, then CCLP2 and then finally CCLP3. Who knows I might even attempt to finish Final Destination..

On CC1 right now I'm at Block Buster.. almost had it then fell into the water by accident. Oops.

That's so sad...

I feel like I'd rather die by slide delay just so I could blame the game and not feel terrible about it one bit. :P

That's so sad...

I feel like I'd rather die by slide delay just so I could blame the game and not feel terrible about it one bit. :P

Yeah, the slide delay part in Version 1 of Final Destination was the most rage-inducing part of that level. Only lets you through like 1 in 5 times.

Cloning teeth under the MS ruleset is like pulling teeth! Especially if you succeed with the first one and then kill it off.

Which is why pocket puzzle is such a win.

I do have one level that clones them successfully (Thriller). But on many other levels I just start with the teeth already there.

Cloning teeth under the MS ruleset is like pulling teeth! Especially if you succeed with the first one and then kill it off.

That description is much more literal than it may sound at first. ;)

• Upvote 1

I managed (finally) the teeth cloning problem in level 13 "Monster Cycle". It took lots of hair pulling to get it working under MS, but it was a cinch in Lynx.

Ian

I managed (finally) the teeth cloning problem in level 13 "Monster Cycle". It took lots of hair pulling to get it working under MS, but it was a cinch in Lynx.

Ian

Just set up a mechanism like the one in "Good Advice." :)

Also, none of the monsters die in fire in Lynx. It's kind of weird that only three of the monsters are immune to fire in MS...

I always wondered about this one. It must be that the MS designers weren't paying attention, or else the paramecium wouldn't die in fire (the middle section of GOLDKEY is too easy without them.) On the other hand, without this error we would not have the greatness of Gliders & Fire.

The other somewhat notable difference in CC1 due to this behavior is "Deception."

Also, none of the monsters die in fire in Lynx. It's kind of weird that only three of the monsters are immune to fire in MS...

Bug, Fireball, and.. uhh...

When I first discovered that Walkers don't die in fire in MS, I was amazed! I thought no one else knew about it but it turns out, everyone did :P

You know, I don't think I realized that walkers didn't die ever during my CC1 life. It was brought up during the whole Lynx vs. MS thing, and then it made sense.

On the other hand, there were levels in CC1 (like GOLDKEY) where it was obvious that bugs didn't die in fire. I thought maybe "yellow" monsters were immune to fire. LOL

Some aspects of monster deaths still confuse me. I mean, the pink balls apparently don't die in the LYNX version of "Block Out," but then what relevance does the title have?

Maybe I'm not cut out for this weird, wild, sometimes irrational world of chipping. ;)

Some aspects of monster deaths still confuse me. I mean, the pink balls apparently don't die in the LYNX version of "Block Out," but then what relevance does the title have?

You need to bring a block with you to get through. ^_^

Ah...stupid me. I was thinking so narrow-mindedly about the meaning of "block out"!

Stupid little coincidences.

Guess I never looked at BLOCK OUT in the editor before. I suppose it's harder in Lynx -- I didn't really notice.

Slightly off topic, but when I first discovered ChipEdit at the age of 8-9, my sixth level was titled "The Block-Out," to which my mom said, "Hey, isn't there a level in the original game called that?" :P

Slightly off topic, but when I first discovered ChipEdit at the age of 8-9, my sixth level was titled "The Block-Out," to which my mom said, "Hey, isn't there a level in the original game called that?" :P

LOL that's just so epic. I can't even explain how it is (Y)

No one in my family (except my brother obviously) has never heard of Chip's Challenge which is pretty sad to be honest...

If I remember correctly, when I lived at my old house with my old computer, I got up all the way to 5,93X,XXX points with only on-the-fly optimization. Unfortunately I don't have those files around anymore.

I think my highest non-assisted (okay, not quite - I had the few maps on Chips Plus, but it wasn't much) score was 5,975,520 or so. Then, I found the AVI site.

Thread updated after 18 months (lol). Many scores from the list are still exactly as they were... :(

Edited by James

Hi Chiara, glad to see you still around - the site is not dead! I'd love to put your scores up - would you be able to post the rest of your times as well? (Preferably in a separate thread like "Chiara's scores" or something like that so it's easy to find.) Most of the high score discussion takes place on Discord these days, so this thread appears much more sparse than it otherwise would.