Sign in to follow this  
James

The official highscores

That's so sad...

I feel like I'd rather die by slide delay just so I could blame the game and not feel terrible about it one bit. :P

Yeah, the slide delay part in Version 1 of Final Destination was the most rage-inducing part of that level. Only lets you through like 1 in 5 times.

Cloning teeth under the MS ruleset is like pulling teeth! Especially if you succeed with the first one and then kill it off.

Which is why pocket puzzle is such a win.

I do have one level that clones them successfully (Thriller). But on many other levels I just start with the teeth already there.

Cloning teeth under the MS ruleset is like pulling teeth! Especially if you succeed with the first one and then kill it off.

That description is much more literal than it may sound at first. ;)

• Upvote 1

I managed (finally) the teeth cloning problem in level 13 "Monster Cycle". It took lots of hair pulling to get it working under MS, but it was a cinch in Lynx.

Ian

I managed (finally) the teeth cloning problem in level 13 "Monster Cycle". It took lots of hair pulling to get it working under MS, but it was a cinch in Lynx.

Ian

Just set up a mechanism like the one in "Good Advice." :)

Also, none of the monsters die in fire in Lynx. It's kind of weird that only three of the monsters are immune to fire in MS...

I always wondered about this one. It must be that the MS designers weren't paying attention, or else the paramecium wouldn't die in fire (the middle section of GOLDKEY is too easy without them.) On the other hand, without this error we would not have the greatness of Gliders & Fire.

The other somewhat notable difference in CC1 due to this behavior is "Deception."

Also, none of the monsters die in fire in Lynx. It's kind of weird that only three of the monsters are immune to fire in MS...

Bug, Fireball, and.. uhh...

When I first discovered that Walkers don't die in fire in MS, I was amazed! I thought no one else knew about it but it turns out, everyone did :P

You know, I don't think I realized that walkers didn't die ever during my CC1 life. It was brought up during the whole Lynx vs. MS thing, and then it made sense.

On the other hand, there were levels in CC1 (like GOLDKEY) where it was obvious that bugs didn't die in fire. I thought maybe "yellow" monsters were immune to fire. LOL

Some aspects of monster deaths still confuse me. I mean, the pink balls apparently don't die in the LYNX version of "Block Out," but then what relevance does the title have?

Maybe I'm not cut out for this weird, wild, sometimes irrational world of chipping. ;)

Some aspects of monster deaths still confuse me. I mean, the pink balls apparently don't die in the LYNX version of "Block Out," but then what relevance does the title have?

You need to bring a block with you to get through. ^_^