Sign in to follow this  
BitBuster

Your vices

Besides CC, of course. Are you a computer game addict in general? Do you have any substance dependencies (cigs, alcohol, etc)?

(Or is this getting too personal?)

I used to play video games alot in my teenage years, but now I've become interested in web design and Chip's Challenge again. I've never drunk too much or smoked yet either.

I still play quite a bit of video games, and I'm underage for smoking and drinking, but I refuse to do either of those when I hit 18 anyways.

It's a typical Quebec meal, made with cheese curds, french fries and a gravy-type sauce.

Man, I should try this sometime...

I know, I live in Canada, and I haven't eaten poutine ever...

I am absolutly addicted to chocolate but thanks God I don't get fat (I pray for this to continue)

I used to love videogames but I could not play too much because the tv screen made me sick ^^

I dont smoke nor drinking alcohol, I never get interested to those stuffs since I prefer to wast my money in so many other ways hehe

I used also to be addicted to Harry Potter's books :)

I dont smoke nor drinking alcohol, I never get interested to those stuffs since I prefer to wast my money in so many other ways hehe

Cheap alcohol's an afforable enough vice...and though I'm a heavy drinker, I like to think that I'm not an addict. At the very least, I've never driven while drunk; that's something I staunchly refuse to do (and due to attending a commuting school and landing employment as a driver, this meant that a lot of potential drinking times were off limits). I won't drive even if I'm only slightly tipsy; nope. I'll walk, or take the bus...

(Or not drink if I know I'm going to be driving...)

I'm trying to make the most of my meal times eating with others when I can (which is mostly outside work) instead of using that time to catch up on YouTube subscriptions. :)

Hard to catch up on YouTube subscriptions. Therefore, when I watch something, it's a whole bunch at a time, possibly a whole project in 2 or 3 days.

1. Not being willing to talk about anything with anyone. I'm outgoing when I have motivation and time to invest in it, but otherwise I'm just lazy when it comes to meeting people.

2. Not investing enough effort. I'm way too much of a one-and-done, quick-fix person, simply because I realize this life is short, it's temporary and there are things I'm supposed to be accomplishing during it, and want results in my time and not the perfect time, the Kairos Time (which is now an everyday phrase for me). I'm learning this lesson the hard way.

3. Too much time on this computer! Much of the discussion with people and outreach I'm involved in right now is over the Internet, many of my important projects are located on the computer, and all the CC LPs are on YouTube. When personal change and rebirth hit me hard, I suddenly lost much of my desire to watch some LPs and even to play CC; I'm now playing BigOto Returns for fun, but that's the only time I've picked up Chip's Challenge since then. (I reference those events frequently nowadays; they were around Halloween 2011.)

4. I'm still young at heart in the wrong ways. I say things I don't need to say and act out in the wrong places, not befitting my social status, despite believing and being told that I'm quite mature, even far beyond my years, about serious topics such as materialism, health, moral values, the importance of real meaning in life, and death and dying. I describe this dilemma as myself, at 21, stuck between a 12-year-old self and a 30-year-old self in a Buridan's ass paradox.

"Stuck between 12 and 30" describes most of us, I think, even those of us over 30.

I was way too serious when I was younger. The older I get, the younger I act. I'm going to be one of those crazy old guys who just doesn't care what you think.

I was way too serious when I was younger.

Same here! At the time I thought it was cool to be precocious...now I wish I'd been more reckless and immature when I was a kid.

Sorta like in the Bob Dylan song: I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now...