chipster1059

Daily Member Appreciation Day

This is a thread on another forum I visit, and I think we need it here.

Quite simply, the goal of this thread is to show your appreciation towards other forum members, and thank them for their contributions to the community.

First, we appreciate one member, and the next day (or a few days later, depending on how popular this is), we move on to the next member. We will go through the member list alphabetically.

So let's start this...

@AdrenalinDragon You founded this site. You're the reason we are all here to discuss the great game CC is.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to give a shoutout to @JAMESCANTACCESSHISACCOUNT for not being able to access his account.

• Upvote 5

I'd like to give a shoutout to @JAMESCANTACCESSHISACCOUNT for not being able to access his account.

That's...good, random 8.  But @JAMESCANTACCESSHISACCOUNT didn't make any posts.  This account was either created by James, in which case he probably managed to accesss his (main) account since then, or it's a joke account, in which case it is funny.

Dosen't anyone have anything positive to say about the person who founded CCZone?

Dosen't anyone have anything positive to say about the person who founded CCZone?

I would... but he hasn't been active in a while  :(

I'd like to thank @AdrenalinDragon for inventing the word "Phale".

But even when he wasn't active he still kept the site up and running for the rest of us- and that counts for a lot!

Very true!

I'd like to thank @AdrenalinDragon for inventing the word "Phale".

I saw that word many times on the forum, but I didn't know it was Tom who invented it.  That's interesting to know.

Next member...

@ajmiam You suddenly showed up a few years ago and released a great set, many of its levels appearing in CCLP1.  Since then, you created another great set, and joined the CCLP4 staff.

I'd like to give a shoutout to @Chipwoodstock for achieving one of the most notorious CC bolds:

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/820-my-highest-castle-moat-time/

Not really that notorious, but it was quite an achievement for him, considering how long it took him to solve Nuts and Bolts.  And it's better than my Castle Moat time.

@Alan Redgown: You didn't stay very long, but you did make a few good levels while you were here.

@andyrkki You created Producing, a great CCLP3 level that also starts the best part of the storyline.  You will probably also have at least one level in CCLP4.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to give a shoutout to @jcclp_sucks for being honest about how they feel about JCCLP.

I still think it's a joke account.

@arcturus You didn't post a lot, but you made some great levels, some of which appear in CCLP1.

@andyrkki You created Producing, a great CCLP3 level that also starts the best part of the storyline.  You will probably also have at least one level in CCLP4.

Thanks for the sentiment, but the overall submission quality is so high that I think it would be extremely unlikely for even one level of mine to actually make it in.

I could always be wrong, though... :)

I'd say you've got a pretty solid shot at getting one or two in- definitely not guaranteed, but far from improbable.

Forcing, Deciding and Reducing would be strong picks.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to give a shoutout to @BitBuster for managing to make 1,630 posts by starting a various amount of topics in the six months he was around CCZone. We miss you BitBuster :(

• Upvote 1

I'd like to give a shoutout to @BitBuster for managing to make 1,630 posts by starting a various amount of topics in the six months he was around CCZone. We miss you BitBuster :(

I never knew him, but he seems like a positive contributor to the forum while he was here.

Does anyone know why he left?  I can't find any announcement or anything...

@BigOto2 You made many LPs, and while I didn't really watch them myself, they seemed quite popular.  Also, you created some great levels; one of them, Steam Cleaner Simulator, is one of my favourite CC levels of all time.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to give a shoutout to @BigOto2 for two things - for LPing my set, JoshL2, which was all determined by chance. His LP of that set opened up a gateway for me into this community and met a lot of awesome people, and I probably wouldn't be around if that never happened. :) I'd like to give another shoutout to @BigOto2 for currently being the only CC member I've met in person. (Y)

• Upvote 1

I like this thread! (I just noticed it.) I also want to mention about @BlazingApollo, that I always was/am happy to get a create submission from you, as you always find an interesting concept to include in your levels. And your user name makes me think of Battlestar Galactica.

I would like to give my appreciation to Michael W. for giving me the solution to some CCLP3 level a few years ago over a Skype call, in which he fell asleep mid-call.

• Upvote 1