Sign in to follow this  
Andante

Poll 3 of 3 -- Open until 2pm PDT Thursday, 5-4

Okay, okay, so this one is rather silly!  :P

Just thought we should standardize!

Do you prefer "levelset" or "level set"?

Once we decide, then we can all use the same thing.

P.S.  Polls 1 and 2 are more important!

I use the one-word version, and I think a lot of us do too.  (Whoever wrote the descriptions for the "Level Discussion" and "Under Construction" forums does! :P )

Every once in a while i'll use the two-word form, but usually i use the one-word form.

cczone

I try to say "CC Zone" (or "cc zone" if i'm too lazy to capitalize).

"Levelset", because it's a single concept in itself. However, I actually prefer the term "series", because CC series these days tend to consist of more than just a set of levels (especially in CC2).

I face this struggle every time I type it. And scoreboard. In Finnish we have clearer rules for when to form compound words. I haven't seen "levelpack" used, so why does "levelset" seem ok? At least it's not level-set.

Good point, Architect. But I think "levelset" is already too ingrained in the Chip world. :)

I know. Doesn't stop me from trying to promote "series", though. :)

I face this struggle every time I type it. And scoreboard. In Finnish we have clearer rules for when to form compound words. I haven't seen "levelpack" used, so why does "levelset" seem ok? At least it's not level-set.

I would prefer "levelpack" over "level pack", for the same reason I posted above.

Maybe we've been looking at this wrong the whole time. Maybe "levelset" is a series that was created by the alien who kept trying to go home.