Sign in to follow this  
RB3ProKeys

KeyboardMaster119

Soooo, I've been working on a set for what I believe has been a couple years, and I've just now decided it would be a good idea to say something about it.

It's gonna have 149 levels and it currently has 117, which is where it's been for a while, but I'm working to end it with fantastic levels and some of them are in desperate need of revisions.

There isn't really a difficulty curve to the set because the levels are arranged based on when they were added to the set (some I designed for competitions, but I still wanted them in the set) and show a trend in my growth as a level designer.

Aside from a few aesthetic changes, I haven't updated any levels I made when I first started designing and I don't plan to because, even though they probably aren't very good, I felt a certain freedom when I began designing them and they would lose the disorder they have that appeals to me. 

If you've seen my create comp entries, then it's probably clear that I'm big on sokoban puzzles, which are prominent throughout my set. Insane levels also make appearances in the set, but I'm gonna update them after release with changes that make them Lynx-compatible. Until then, I've provided passwords for the next level on any insane levels, Lynx-incompatible levels, and nearly impossible levels that are only difficult through randomness. 

This set's been through good levels, bad levels, weird levels, concepts that went in a different direction, concepts that just plain didn't work, and even a loss of some of the original designs due to a fatal crash that caused the disappearance of a few levels, but this certainly is a set I'm proud of, and I hope y'all enjoy at least some of the levels in the set.

So that's what you can expect from my set.

I may upload previews of some levels if y'all want, but my CCLP4 submission set is a good place to start if you want an idea of what the set looks like, although it was made mostly Lynx-compatible and I've made better levels in the time since I uploaded it.

• Upvote 1

This sounds interesting! Checkerboard 3, where are you?

I wonder if you should or could also release a "best of"-set with maybe fifty levels? If your large set of 149 levels will not have a planned difficulty curve but rather "designer evolution curve", it might be more enjoyable to play a smaller set and have the larger set still be a record of all your level designing.

Thanks for giving us a short preview of your thought process. :)