A00967505

CCLP4 not opening

I am trying to download CCLP4 onto my computer but every time I try opening the game it disappears after a second. Does anyone know why it wouldn't stay open 

In that case, the first thing to try is to check the folder where Tile World is installed and see if there is a file named "stderr.txt" or "stdout.txt", and if so, open it and copy its contents here (if both files exist, go ahead and copy both).

Then try this:

Open the folder containing Tile World.

Go to the File menu and there should be an option to open Command Prompt or PowerShell; open whichever is available and wait for the prompt to appear.

Assuming you were able to complete the previous step, type

.\tworld2

(where "\" is a backslash not a forward slash) and hit enter.

When the error occurs, a message should hopefully appear in the console window, which you can copy here.

Couldn't get either Command Prompt or PowerShell to work...?

Or just couldn't get the ".\tworld2" command to work in either one?

(You're in the folder containing Tile World, not the folder containing CCLP4?)

I'm guessing that you downloaded the TW2-with-CCLP1,2,3 bundle, and so those are installed properly; but you had to download CCLP4 separately and missed out copying some of its files to the correct location.  Make sure that you've copied the .dac files to the "sets" directory AND also copied the .dat and .ccx files to the "data" directory.

- Madhav.

• Upvote 1

That's a good possibility, but from the description it sounded like he's having trouble with Tile World crashing, which missing files shouldn't cause. I was hoping to get hold of some kind of error message to clarify the situation.