Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

anyone feel their creativity is lessening as they grow?

I'm now in my early 30s. I can still come up with levels and still do so for CC amongst other games but the ideas don't seem to flow as thick as they did back when I was in my teens.

Even giving levels titles I find myself having to think a little whereas over a decade ago a fitting title would just appear in my mind.

I personally don't believe that creativity lessens with age; however I do believe that it lessens when I'm not prioritizing it. Like anything else, the longer you go without using it, the less of it you have. Look at the lives of many great artists, composers, and poets, and you see that many of them complete their masterpieces late in life. 

I highly recommend the book "The Artists' Way" by Julia Cameron if you're feeling blocked, it has a lot of creative exercises which both my wife and I have found especially useful over the years.

I can completely agree; I also feel like I'm not firing as quickly as I once was. I also agree with Josh; I think it has more to do with not using it or losing it.

I (maybe) have an excuse as I've been doing physical jobs for several years now and I feel like my brain is starting to rot. That's partly why I'm planning on going back to college and trying to get a "thinking man's job".  I'm hoping if I challenge myself I can stop this downward spiral before it's too late!

I don't have this issue, and I think the reason is that I read a lot, especially fiction. One's imagination doesn't exist in a vacuum; it needs stimulation. And movies/TV shows aren't enough, because they don't engage one's mind in the same way books, or even some kinds of games, do. (And reading is especially good for stimulating one's language faculties, which would specifically help with finding the perfect level title!)