Sign in to follow this  
M11k4

February 2018 Create Competition - Walls of CCLP4

Ah, the joys of February. Some people look forward to skiing. Some perhaps wait for Valentine's Day. But what do Chipsters do? We wait for a Walls of Competition!

Your task is to pick a level from CCLP4 and use its arrangement of walls to create a new level. You can pick any level from the range #1-#149, then delete anything you want except for any walls, and finally rebuild it into a new level. If you wish, you can also pick another prominent tile in the level and replace it with some other tile exactly.

You might know the drill by now, on this our fifth year visiting this theme, but this time I thought we could be a bit more lenient on the rules. If you have already made a level that fits the criteria you may submit it here. I see three reasons to allow them this time around:

1) CCLP4 just came out under a year ago. (Not sure how that helps, but it is a factor that has not been true previously.)

2) I haven't yet seen any of these levels even if they have been released. (Assuming I will judge the competition this factors in.)

3) I was asked if this could be done this time. (I love to accommodate you all.)

Other than that, my main instruction is to keep your submissions fun. You may also write a short explanation on if and how a particular wall arrangement inspired your new level with those walls. (I don't think it will be extra credit directly, but it will give me more insight and perhaps appreciation for what you make, and I may take that into consideration in the rankings.)

The deadline is March 4th where you live. Please send your submissions to valeosote at hotmail dot com.
Ask away with any other questions!

-Miika

Technical notes:

-Do not make a overly difficult level. A moderate difficulty is fine but then it would be nice if it wasn't too long.

-The level must be solvable, but does not need to work in both MS and Lynx. You may even use invalid tiles if you wish. Ask about submitting something in CC2; it shouldn't be a problem but it will make it harder on me to rank the entries.
-The level should preferably be new, but this time around you may something you have already made before.
-Please give the level a new name, time limit and set a new password. Don't forget!
-You may submit more than one entry, but please keep the levels distinct from each other. Your best two entries is recommended. You may also pair up and collaborate with someone else for your submission, but please only one level per such pairing.
-Points may be deducted for late entries, but will be accepted until I judge the levels. This is usually a couple of days after the stated deadline, but don't count on it; it exists more for the chance to update the levels if there is something really wrong with them.
-Entrants qualify for the normal prizes: the "You're Winner!"-award, Chip Cup points, and "Tool Box"-award for first time entrants.
-Please ask about other unclear situations. You may also check the previous competitions if similar situations were already discussed. There's interesting stuff hiding in the archives!
-Email and attach your submissions to my email stated above. I will strive to reply with a confirmation that I have received your entry. I prefer if you use your username and this competition in the subject. Keep it short and simple, something like: "February Create - Mario"

Edited by M11k4
added actual info