Sign in to follow this  
quiznos00

Call for CC2LP1* Level Pack Submissions

*title not final

Greetings Chipsters,

In honor of CCLP4 submissions being opened three years ago today, I would like to semi-officially open level submissions for the first CC2 community pack. There have been conversations on the Discord about when submissions should open and who would like to be on the CC2LP1* staff and I've expressed my interest in leading the project and have received support from others. So, while the staff is not finalized, I would like to get the ball rolling by opening CC2 pack submissions, which I will maintain in a Google Doc and post here once it's more populated. You can submit your pack by letting me know here or on Discord, or letting someone know who will be sure to let me know :cool:

Keep in mind the very few current restrictions on what you can submit. Levels that have appeared in an official CC1 pack that have been ported over will not be allowed. Blatant mods of any official CC1 or CC2 will not be allowed and it will be up to the discretion of the staff to decide which levels are too similar to the levels they were based on ("Walls Of" levels are still okay). Levels that are busted or unsolvable (obviously) are not allowed.

The decisions for the questions I asked in the survey topic have not been officially made yet, but here are restrictions on levels themselves that will probably be in place based on the current responses, in case you want to plan ahead. CC1 boot levels will be banned, viewport size can be either 9x9 or 10x10, no limit on map size, zero directional blocks and blank no signs are allowed, other hex edited tiles are banned, submitted levels require a recorded solution, inaccessible bonuses are allowed, hide logic is allowed, and RNG setting can be any.

Submissions will probably not close for a while (maybe 6 months from now?) so you can relax and focus on designing some fun levels!

~ Tyler Sontag

• Upvote 1

Good to know this is moving forward! I want to reiterate that I support Tyler as staff leader, and am willing to serve on the staff in any capacity if you're willing to have me. :)

I just want to add that for CC2 submissions, individual levels should probably also be accepted, not just "packs".

It's great to see this happening :D I won't submit anything just yet; I will create a submissions set consisting of C1059-CC2 levels, and other levels, later on.

Also I would perhaps be interested in being part of the staff.  I support Tyler as leader (Y)

Great to see CC2LP1 progressing and take shape (Y)

I can help as far as far as my time allows it, if you want me to :huh:

large.cc2lp1_t1.png.3245855ceb1eea337cc8

@quiznos00 Why are 9x9 viewport levels allowed when there were numerous opinions against it in the feedback topic, and they clearly go against the spirit of a CC2 set? Yet at the same time you did decide to ban CC1 boots rules, which are not much more of a carryover from the original...

The majority of responses were in favor of both and the CC2 original set uses 9x9 viewports.

Some of these decisions are not final.

2 hours ago, andyrkki said:

they clearly go against the spirit of a CC2 set?

May I point out that the original set that comes with the game has a few 9*9 levels? (clap)

1 hour ago, Flareon350 said:

the CC2 original set uses 9x9 viewports.

22 minutes ago, chipster1059 said:

May I point out that the original set that comes with the game has a few 9*9 levels? (clap)

Is there a list of CC2 level viewport sizes somewhere? The wiki doesn't seem to have that information.

59 minutes ago, Flareon350 said:

Some of these decisions are not final.

May I ask which ones?

5 minutes ago, andyrkki said:

Is there a list of CC2 level viewport sizes somewhere? The wiki doesn't seem to have that information.

May I ask which ones?

Everything I listed in the third paragraph is still up to further debate. 

7 hours ago, quiznos00 said:

Everything I listed in the third paragraph is still up to further debate. 

I see - did you edit the first post here? Otherwise I must have missed that...

Regardless, if what @Ihavenoname248 wrote in the other topic about the CC1 boots feature being added late is correct, we really should consider treating these two things the same way: either both CC1 boots and 9x9 viewports are allowed, or neither option is.

(By the way, I apologize if I've taken this topic off track - I thought the decisions were final. Please feel free to split and/or merge posts as necessary.)

On 10/31/2018 at 8:40 PM, chipster1059 said:

It's great to see this happening :D I won't submit anything just yet; I will create a submissions set consisting of C1059-CC2 levels, and other levels, later on.

I plan on doing the same.

What about nominating levels/sets by people who are not around? For example I'd like to nominate levels by Motez...(long name) but I'm not sure he's active at all currently.

Oh thanks! I'm around...kind of.  I've mostly been lurking the forums and have sort of been busy dealing with other things lately but I was planning on fixing up & expanding my CC2 level set over the next few months to submit them here myself

On 11/1/2018 at 10:17 PM, mobius said:

I plan on doing the same.

What about nominating levels/sets by people who are not around? For example I'd like to nominate levels by Motez...(long name) but I'm not sure he's active at all currently.

any answer for this? There are still other people like Nanamin (who I'm not sure even has an account here?) with levels I'd like to nominate..

As per all previous CCLPs, I think designers should be the ones to submit their own level packs. There shouldn't be any exceptions for this one.

Besides, Motekopasnzyaku replied to this topic above.

8 hours ago, Flareon350 said:

As per all previous CCLPs, I think designers should be the ones to submit their own level packs. There shouldn't be any exceptions for this one.

Besides, Motekopasnzyaku replied to this topic above.

do you guys try to contact anyone like this? It seems a shame if someone (like Nanamin for example, but it could be anybody) who has made excellent levels to simply go unconsidered just because they haven't visited the forum lately.

1 hour ago, mobius said:

do you guys try to contact anyone like this? It seems a shame if someone (like Nanamin for example, but it could be anybody) who has made excellent levels to simply go unconsidered just because they haven't visited the forum lately.

I would support doing this (Y) I did this for a few people for CCLP4 submissions, and it would probably be a good idea to do it again for this set.

Designers who have made levels but are hereby inactive or don't make regular visits to CCZone can be reached out to, to be informed of CC2LP1 submissions but it is ultimately the designer's choice whether they want to submit levels for it or not. :)

18 hours ago, Flareon350 said:

Designers who have made levels but are hereby inactive or don't make regular visits to CCZone can be reached out to, to be informed of CC2LP1 submissions but it is ultimately the designer's choice whether they want to submit levels for it or not. :)

of course; I didn't mean to suggest including a level by someone unbeknownst to them. I just was making sure it was okay to say: 'hey, see if we can get a hold of this person because they have some awesome levels or etc'. Of course I guess I already did that myself :unsure:

Here is a link to the spreadsheet so far:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jpq1QdjhxQny_r9lvYiCEETONQ6_a0H39dRC8QMWHzc/edit?usp=sharing

By the way, the best way to submit your levels for consideration is by uploading them to CCZone so that there's a permanent repository for them. That way you can make updates as you please without needing to notify me :D

And for the two people wondering... yes I will be submitting my levels soon, but through a separate pack specifically for CC2LP1 consideration.

Sorry to cause confusion already :unsure:
Yet I'm pretty sure there are just 122 levels in Mind Games ++ (or my program to extract them doesn't work properly :huh:) even though there probably are zombie c2m files in the folders and the Relaxation Vault in Test Subject Chip and Melinda is just a gimmick together with the c2g script, which means as well here can just be found 4 instead of 5 levels...
To avoid those problems I uploaded the 138 levels now including as well 4 new ones here on cczone in a proper way to be easier to work with: :)

l6v

Can confirm. I didn't send all of the levels in my set since some of them might be out-of-place in a beginner's set... such as the bullet hell levels and the player.bmp joke.