Nickcc

Chucks Challenge

I've always just used two fingers. Sadly, I have only an iPhone, so I have to press the screen multiple times to move around a large map.

That's what I've been attempting, but the moment at most one finger is on the screen, I'm returned to regular play, which means I can't press the screen multiple times to move the camera a large distance. . . :[

Sadly, I have only an iPhone

Oh, the first world problems! ;)

• Upvote 1

I probably should have mentioned this several days ago, but my aforementioned level Kinda Sorta Quick was made the weekly puzzle this week. It's gotten several hundred hits as a result. Nice. :P It's great to be jblewis's successor in some fashion or another.

That's not saying much, considering I uploaded levels for only one week. :P Try besting Andrea Hawksley, who's been the designer of the level of the week countless times.

An interesting note: Maybelle Poole (a.k.a. the person who pretty much founded the CC community close to 20 years ago) is still active in some form, as she's on the list of backers for the Chuck's Challenge 3D project. (http://www.kickstart...ks-challenge-3d)

Sadly, unless someone around here has an extra few thousand dollars they'd like to offer up, I don't think the project is going to get funded; a quarter of the time has elapsed and not even 10% of the money required has been pledged... :(

An interesting note: Maybelle Poole (a.k.a. the person who pretty much founded the CC community close to 20 years ago) is still active in some form, as she's on the list of backers for the Chuck's Challenge 3D project. (http://www.kickstart...ks-challenge-3d)

Sadly, unless someone around here has an extra few thousand dollars they'd like to offer up, I don't think the project is going to get funded; a quarter of the time has elapsed and not even 10% of the money required has been pledged... :(

Unfortunately, as badly as I want to play Chuck's Challenge with arrow keys instead of touching a screen, I'm not rich enough or eager enough to spend money to pledge more than $5 or so. :[ It would be a shame to see one of the few Kickstarter projects I care about not happen. Chuck deserves a greater legacy!

Someone call AOP and get CC2 to be a public license. They don't realize that they could get FREE labor and still make money.

I don't know if anyone here subscribes to the Chuck's Challenge updates or not, but I just got an e-mail last night stating that the game can be pre-ordered for $5. Whoo-hoo!

This is referring to the forthcoming PC version, which will apparently have even more features added.

One thing I discovered by accident while making my own levels is that when Woop steps onto a force floor, he's allowed to make a voluntary move immediately, unlike Chip. This means it takes two spaces of force floor, and not one, to create a one-way. In particular, the force-floor-proof item can be skipped.

Chipsters who are trying to create bust-free Chuck's Challenge levels, beware!

I have asked them about this and they said it is a bug and will be fixed in the update, which is due soon. I have been enjoying your levels very much, here are some of my levels.

Chuck's Challenge patch notes for version 2.0.0

Version 2.0.0 is a massive update; it’s more like sequel ;) There over 75 feature requests, here are just some of them:

- Continuous wall that are dynamically generated

- Randomly distributed floor titles

- New tap control for Woop

- iCade support

- Option to buy a no ads version

- Ability to save 99 levels instead of just 9

- Thumbs up or down level ranking

- Loads and loads of user interface updates

& Kick starter is on 80% with only 5 days to go, and they have a new reward at $15 which gives the backer a backer only tile!

Only $1,847 to go - let's push! I'm officially upping my contribution to $50.