Sign in to follow this  
BitBuster

The greatness of Star Wars

All except the last 2 were good, if you're going by the order the movies were made... (so episode 2 and 3)

But seriously, this is my favorite saga ever.

Next to LOTR of course.

All except the last 2 were good, if you're going by the order the movies were made... (so episode 2 and 3)

But seriously, this is my favorite saga ever.

Next to LOTR of course.

Meh, I only liked the first Lord Of The Rings. The other two were ok, but not that great. The Extended Cuts were tough to get through.

...am I the only person on earth who doesn't like LOTR at all?

Well, I consider the 2nd and 3rd ones really overrated. The first one is the only one I really liked.

Oh and that's funny, because I really liked Lord of the Rings.

...am I the only person on earth who doesn't like LOTR at all?

No, but if you look at the huge sucess of it you're by far in the minority.

I still like the first LOTR film the most. All three are quite fantastic, but the first will always be my favorite. :)

No, but if you look at the huge sucess of it you're by far in the minority.

He is the 1% :P

Lol JK buy IMO the 3rd LOTR was the best.

I saw TPM this morning; it was amazing. It was beautiful. I loved it. Unless you absolutely despise TPM or 3-D, I highly recommend going to see it, if that's an option. The CGI-Yoda is one of the Lucas changes that's actually worthwhile (as is the "screen" addition in the Viceroy's scenes during the first battle). And there's nothing like hearing John Williams' music blaring out while the opening crawl snakes across the big screen (even if it is stuff about taxation and trade disputes).

• Upvote 1

Ah, here's the proper place to discuss TPM. :)

I actually did have fun watching it (though I had some of the scathing yet hilarious video reviews of it that I've seen on YouTube running through my head the entire time). It was a wonderful memory-jogger to see it on the big screen again, and some of the sequences, particularly the podrace, were just breathtaking.

Chalk that up as another reason why I despise Queen.

I can't say I've ever found a truly hilarious video review of the prequels. A lot of them are just as childish and poorly thought out as the movies they're attempting to critique (redlettermedia, anyone?). And this is coming from somone who thinks that Attack Of The Clones is a truly terrible movie that has absolutely nothing to redeem it (Natalie Portman in sexy clothes notwithstanding).

Oh, I enjoyed the RedLetterMedia review. :P As intentionally childish as it was, that's part of what made it fun to watch, and it made some excellent points.

I think the guy's voice killed off any entertainment value it may have had for me. I don't know if he was intentionally trying to sound annoying, but it was more insufferable than Jar-Jar (though not as insufferable as the Anakin/Padme romance in AOTC).

I'm pretty sure he was trying to sound ridiculous. :P If you've watched anything else he's produced, you'll see that he sounds very, very different in real life.

Ok, fair enough. But I suppose that just as most people refuse to accept that Jar Jar is supposed to be annoying, I can't cotton to the way the guy talks during those vids.

And again, I think a lot of the points he makes are just ridiculous. At times it even veers into the sort of critiquing I'd expect from a high school creative writing class (I get it that traditional story arches involve a strong, easily identifiable protagonist whom the story essentially revolves around...but TPM is the first part of a saga, not just a self-contained flick the way ANH was).

What the hell has Lucas done to Return Of The Jedi? I watched it on Blu-Ray the whole way this time and noticed they messed up the ending. What's up with Vader's ghost?

Oh, that's been there since the DVD release. The incredibly unnecessary - and detrimental - new addition is Vader's "NO. NOOOOOOOO!" when he decides to throw the Emperor down the shaft.

Oh, that's been there since the DVD release. The incredibly unnecessary - and detrimental - new addition is Vader's "NO. NOOOOOOOO!" when he decides to throw the Emperor down the shaft.

*sigh*. I guess we'll have to settle with the original VHS releases for the pure copies of Star Wars. (N)

Didn't the DVD releases have the original theatrical versions on them? I can't seem to remember...

In 2006 they rereleased the DVD's with "bonus discs" that featured the originals. The thing is, they look terrible. They were ripped straight from the Laserdisc issues in the 90's.

In 2006 they rereleased the DVD's with "bonus discs" that featured the originals. The thing is, they look terrible. They were ripped straight from the Laserdisc issues in the 90's.

That's a shame. I guess it was for the best that we have the new digital releases. The only thing that really annoyed me was the end of Return Of The Jedi.

The problem with the blu-rays is that they contain the same screw-ups as the original DVD's, with even a few more little things changed (as JB said, the worst is the new "nooo" scream). Greedo still shoots, etc.

Oh, I don't know...I think the entire conversation provided some nice build-up. It's that wonderful "you-know-what's-going-to-happen-and-are-waiting-for-it-in-great-anticipation" feeling.