Sign in to follow this  
BitBuster

Tell us a joke

Okay, if we're going in that direction...here's a favorite from my sister's first-graders:

Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?

Because it was dead.

Ooohhh, don't get me started in that direction... Here's my favorite (and I can't even explain why):-

There's this elephant climbing a tree.

Seeing him, the donkey sitting on top of the tree asks, "Hey elephant, why are you climbing this tree?"

"To eat mangoes," replies the elephant.

"But," the donkey says, "this is an apple tree..."

"I know," says the elephant, "I've brought my mangoes with me."

Okay, if we're going in that direction...here's a favorite from my sister's first-graders:

Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?

Because it was dead.

I don't care if this is "first-grade level humour." I laughed at it.

Ooohhh, don't get me started in that direction... Here's my favorite (and I can't even explain why):-

There's this elephant climbing a tree.

Seeing him, the donkey sitting on top of the tree asks, "Hey elephant, why are you climbing this tree?"

"To eat mangoes," replies the elephant.

"But," the donkey says, "this is an apple tree..."

"I know," says the elephant, "I've brought my mangoes with me."

Do the animals in this joke have American Political Party reference?

Do the animals in this joke have American Political Party reference?

Haha! Good catch!

Now that you've got me thinking a bit harder about that joke, I'm starting to wonder: how'd the elephant expect to climb the tree? They don't even have knees. I can sort of fathom how the donkey *might* be able to leap up into the tree...oh, I dunno. I need to get out more.

Hmm. I was apparently misled by one of those "fun facts for kids" books that I had in my youth. (I think it was by Klutz). I was always under the impression that elephants were the only animals that didn't have knees. But now you (and a perfunctory Google search) seem to suggest otherwise. I feel so...disillusioned.

Grumble.

That paramecia joke...oh MAN. :D Love it.

What did the buffalo say to his offspring when he dropped him off at school?

"Bison."

Two men walk into a bar. The first one says “I’ll have some H2O.” The second one says, “That sounds nice, I’ll have some H2O too.”

The second man died.

• Upvote 2

I can just imagine a wealth of CC level names that would take that particular pun to its extreme: Crosswalk, Walk/Don't Walk, Sidewalk, etc.

I only pray that a levelset themed along those lines does not exist.

I inexplicably found "Dog the Walker" to be a somewhat amusing title. I think I'd like it even better if it was called "Walker The Dog," or better yet, "Walker The Dog & Light The Light" (I understand if no one here understands this particular reference, but if someone does, I will be immensely overjoyed).

Two tomatoes were crossing the street, when one of them was hit by a car.

The other one said, "Don't worry, you can ketch'up later!"

I know, this is the oldest joke ever, but do you know the funny thing? This is, like, _the_ most famous joke among small kids in Sweden, and I remember us using to think it was so funny when I was little. However, this joke makes absolutely no sense in Swedish. It goes like this:

Two tomatoes were crossing the street, when one of them was hit by a car.

The other one said, "Come one ketchup, let's go." (and obviously ketchup has nothing what so ever to do with 'catch up' in Swedish.)

We just thought it was very funny to call a poor smashed tomato "ketchup". It was only years and years later (like just a couple of years ago) that I learned there was an original english version with an actual pun in it...

• Upvote 1

It's probably funnier without the pun. Actually, I'd go so far as to say that it's definitely funnier without the pun. At least without the pun, it has the "WTF?" factor going for it. Complete absurdity can be a plus.

BTW, "Walker The Frog" might make for a good title (or at least inspiration for a walker/teeth level).