Lessinath

Stupid deaths.

I'll start with a funny one:

There is a force floor - north under the block. I boosted off the force floor - east to the left and knocked the block off the force floor it was on... for it to instantly rebound into my face.

ZDGm2.png

Getting near the end of Oil Rig and realizing there was a chip under that useless block at the beginning....and then jumping into the water.

James has a couple in Ultimate chip.dat episode 2 :P

Also, nearly every CC episode of mine features me playing like a moron so yeah, stupid deaths you're served with :P

• Upvote 2

Whenever I hear "stupid deaths," I think of Tyler's video in which he gets trapped in the force floor slide to the ball room in "Monster Lab." ;)

• Upvote 3

Whenever I hear "stupid deaths," I think of Tyler's video in which he gets trapped in the force floor slide to the ball room in "Monster Lab." ;)

Ah yes, the video that also has way too many views and way too many dislikes. That's the one :) (I don't think that death has ever actually unintentionally happened to me, by the way).

Stupid deaths = dying from the teeth at the end of You Can't Teach an Old Frog New Tricks.

I have to agree that this one was a really amazingly funny one :P

dsceo.png

The level has walls made entirely out of blocks. Foolish curiosity was followed by panicking and then death the first time I reached this point.

• Upvote 1

This was incredibly annoying, being so close to the end of Twisted Chambers:

http://geodave.webs.com/omg3120.PNG

The ffs in that level took me forever in MS.

I had a similar problem at the end of Mistakes. Because I didn't feel like going through that all again just to get killed, I semi-cheated: I copied the level into a new set, placed Chip near the end, and played that small section until I'd perfected it. Then I went back and played the full level for real.

Is this a popular technique in the Chips community? How severe is it on the "cheating" scale? For the record, I also did this for Freezer (the fireball room) and a few other levels in CCLP3 (specific titles elude me at present)...