Sign in to follow this  
rockdet

Favorite rockdet moment ever?

I totally forgot about that second one on Trevor's list. :) "BUMMAAAAAAAAAA!" for the win.

Some of my favorite Rockdet moments are not the big loud screams but rather the funny ramblings - just check out Nostril3.dat #2.

Also, don't forget this one:

It goes on for a few minutes or so, but it's a memorable one - the first F-bombs of Rockdet history (I was shocked when I first saw this).

...I'm honestly surprised that there aren't more F-bombs in LP's.

Perhaps I haven't watched the right ones.

I say the F-Word all the time in my LPs. :P

Rockdet's funniest moment for me is on Nightmare On Block Street. I liked that Doublemaze one too.

Swearing is funny for me when it happens properly (reaction to pain or something bad) and is not used offensively (such as "Everyone who watches the video, f$%# you!"). If an LP'r does it over and over again even though they aren't angry/ragehigh, or do it habitually, it is a turn-off for me and will not keep me coming back for more (common in drink-along LP's). Also, if it is a show biased towards kids, it's just perverted and disgusting.

Swearing is funny for me when it happens properly (reaction to pain or something bad) and is not used offensively (such as "Everyone who watches the video, f$%# you!"). If an LP'r does it over and over again even though they aren't angry/ragehigh, or do it habitually, it is a turn-off for me and will not keep me coming back for more (common in drink-along LP's). Also, if it is a show biased towards kids, it's just perverted and disgusting.

I think the only one I hardly swear in is the Super Mario 64 one. I do swear still, but it's much less than the Chip's Challenge and Resident Evil ones. Ironically, it's my worst LP.

Then don't ever watch Cybershell13 (Y)

And except to possibly hate me if I start LPing. (Y)

One of my favorite Rock moments was in "Clone City" (TomP1Fixed) where he did an imitation of Andrew B. posting a hypothetical comment about fireballs "having a direction in Tile World." :) Perhaps it's because I felt like posting that exact comment before he brought it up...

"And there trapping a block for no reason. Actually, the reason is that I didn't pay attention. And there, trapping myself, but being able to retrieve the block, which was a great achievement that was made in the 90's, uh you know by some crazy people who spoke Japanese, uh frequently."

• Upvote 1

Man, I ever said something like that?!

And actually, NOSTRIL3 ep.2 is one of my greatest episodes in commentary in quite a long time!

Any love for the Zappa song in TomP1's Cascade?

Rewatched the whole of Rockdet's TomP1Fixed just now. Had me cracking up as usual. Here's some funny stuff:

• Knowing there's fire under the blocks at the end of Deja Vu.
  • Flame Works' "Don't step there" on the map.
  • Swimming Pool's "Ohhh.... ****!".
  • Teeth Den's big "WHAT THE ****!?!?!".
  • The Cascade song.
  • Sarcasm in Glider Express - "I'm the best at making levels, Bill", "If it's fixed, I'm playing something that's broken again", and "WORST IDEA EVER!"

"And there trapping a block for no reason. Actually, the reason is that I didn't pay attention. And there, trapping myself, but being able to retrieve the block, which was a great achievement that was made in the 90's, uh you know by some crazy people who spoke Japanese, uh frequently."

Man, I ever said something like that?!

Yeah, in part II of episode 41 of CCLP2, when you play It's a Kind of Magic. That whole episode is just brilliant. Amazing.