Green Kitten

Are You a Cat Person or a Dog Person?

Cats or Dogs  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Cats or Dogs?

• Cat
    • Dog
    • Both

Dog person all the way. I'm allergic to cats. :[ Actually, I'm allergic to dogs, too, which means I can only have non-shedding breeds, including schnauzers, the best thing Germany has ever given the world.

Personally, I love how dogs are so demanding of attention and love. You can turn off a virtual pet and forget it exists while doing your other activities, but dogs will never let you forget they exist, nor will they stop being thankful for the food and water and shelter and treats you give them. Frankly, I need that kind of companionship a lot right now in my life. :3

Indeed. :) My family had two toy fox terriers - sadly, one of them just passed away a couple of weeks ago. He will be dearly missed.

I was always a cat person growing up, but I've morphed into liking dogs better -- especially daschunds.

(Y)

daschunds
(Y)

Only on the internet do misspellings get the thumbs up. *English language police*

"Dachs" is the German word for badger. Dachshunds were originally bred to hunt badgers. Now you know how to spell a word. :)

I'm not a dachshund fan, as many bark their heads off at every knocking/doorbell noise they hear. I have one and he is the worst behaved dog I have EVER known:

- Bites

- Barks all the time

- Steals food from other dog

- Steals food off table

- Poops in house

- Pees when excited

- Injured other dog

Sorry, just had to vent for the humor. This is not a stereotype, as I know some which are much better.

I'm not a dog fan, as many bark their heads off at every knocking/doorbell noise they hear.

Edited for the purpose of general truth. (Y)

...and of course, their owners are inevitably apologists in the worst sense possible. Oh, their dog can bark you awake at three in the morning. Their dog doesn't need to be on a leash. Their dog can crap in your yard. Etc.

I'm not a dachshund fan, as many bark their heads off at every knocking/doorbell noise they hear. I have one and he is the worst behaved dog I have EVER known:

- Bites

- Barks all the time

- Steals food from other dog

- Steals food off table

- Poops in house

- Pees when excited

- Injured other dog

Sorry, just had to vent for the humor. This is not a stereotype, as I know some which are much better.

I concur they may do most of these things (mine are lazy about going outside, and bark a lot), but STEALS FOOD OFF THE TABLE? Do you live in a Japanese house?

One of the nice things is that they can't reach the counter (unlike the Beagle, who steals everything). A lot of dogs may hurt each other -- but it's the non-dachshunds in my house that do that (on rare occasions) -- they tend to attack the oldest dog. It's weird.

Also, the young ones will stand in a circle and bark about nothing. It's hilarious but annoying.

My dogs, when they were young, would often have fun standoffs in our kitchen in which each would stand on one side, inch toward each other for a few seconds, then charge and inevitably collide in the middle. :)

but that's stressful... I should know, I've had a dog for 8 years and she's been barking almost nonstop when she's put in her pen outside and it's driving me to INSANITY! :plankton:

but that's stressful... I should know, I've had a dog for 8 years and she's been barking almost nonstop when she's put in her pen outside and it's driving me to INSANITY! :plankton:

Not really, i just live without them too. :P

I consider myself a cat person. I've never met a cat I didn't like, and most have automatically liked me back.

But my girlfriend is a dog person, and her dog is the most adorable animal ever. I am starting to be a dog person too.

Not really, i just live without them too. :P

If you don't have a cat or a dog, then I have the strangest feeling that you were reduced to a pet fish :P