micronexer97

The Wannabe Longest Thread

I've seen this running on other forums with tens of thousands of posts.

Basically, it's just a matter of keeping a conversation going, but always having a subject to it and some relevance. The conversation will probably change as we go along as well. (if this doesn't work out feel free to move it to games)

So I'll start. What's everyone having for dinner today?

It makes more sense to put vegetables on pizza than pepperoni. Pepperoni just leads to heaps and globs of grease everywhere. The best pizzas I've had were simple cheese pizza jobs though. I want to try an authentic Neapolitan pizza margherita sometime.

I'm making enchiladas, it's a lot of work but it's quite delicious comfort food.

I had a burger with molten cheese, salad, bacon and mayonnaise. Along with fries. That was freaking delicious.

And I prefer my pizza with only pepperoni and cheese.

Nasi goreng. Absolutely delicious Indonesian/Dutch rice dish. Best eaten with a heaping garnish of sambel oelek, fresh ground hot peppers.

Yum!

Pizza's best when it's just cheese and sauce...imo. Toppings aren't necessarily bad, but they tend to distract from the purity of the experience. Yes, I take the subject of pizza very seriously. It sucks when you live in a town that only has cheap chains.

Well one thing I have to say for the Detroit area -- they have pizza. Good pizza, really good pizza, bad pizza, cardboard pizza. And now that Uno is a chain, they have my favorite pizza.

What's a Person Of Interest?

And strangely I don't eat pizza... I went to Cosmos (a all-you-can-eat Oriental restaraunt) and took a girl with me, had four courses there for £10. Although there's so many pizza places near me it's unreal. Yesterday I had gammon steak and the day before fish and chips.

The best pizza chain, by the way, is Papa Gino's, but unfortunately for the rest of the country and world, is only located in New England (Y)

What's a Person Of Interest?

And strangely I don't eat pizza... I went to Cosmos (a all-you-can-eat Oriental restaraunt) and took a girl with me, had four courses there for £10. Although there's so many pizza places near me it's unreal. Yesterday I had gammon steak and the day before fish and chips.

Person of Interest is a TV show -- check it out.

And you took a girl with you -- win.

Only if you've never tried the Chicago Classic. Man, I would kill for that pizza.

Is that a deep dish pizza? I don't do deep dish: too greasy!

Oh, I beg to differ. Deep dish is the best. :D Round Table and Straw Hat pizza in California will always be my favorites. Also, Chair Five Pizza in Girdwood, Alaska makes a killer square deep dish.

And this thread is already doing a much better job at being the longest thread ever than those "Counting to one million!" threads I've seen elsewhere.

In-between is the best: thin crust is too cracker-like, while deep dish makes my stomach churn just to think about. ;)

(Then again, the sauce is the most important element, imo; I'll put up with subpar crust if the sauce is amazing!)

All of the good pizza joints I know of are regional...can we all at least agree that the major chains sort of suck?

I was at a forum once where the "counting to a million" thread actually reached something like 634. I wonder what the all-time record for such a thread is...

I like my crust with cheese in it. Very salty and tasty stuff.

We have a restaurant in the city I'm studying, it's their speciality. Starving for more!

I will say that there is ONE place here in town that's pretty much embraced the fact that their thin crust is like a cracker, and the entire thing manages to work since they put so much on top of it. :D