Sign in to follow this  
BitBuster

Waterfalls

I'd really like to see a CC-like game, but with special programming such that the whole game could split apart and turn into something else out of nowhere. Just a random thought but obviously unlikely.

You know, you're walking down a tight corridor and hit a toggle button, and all of the sudden the whole floor gives way and you find yourself in a giant blob-dodging arcade style game?

I can see a lot of people ragequitting over the element of surprise. :P

No, there would be checkpoints and a health bar too. The thing that brings this up is that Portal 2 has a LOT of this and it is what made the game so good.

Nah, Portal 2 is much harder IMO when it comes to that, things start happening really fast at one point and one wrong move can kill you, but I'm not saying exactly when. However if you know what to do it is easy to survive. Lots of required miracle survives too, which the game sets up quite well.

Wouldn't it be great if CC had flowing water? Imagine all the new concepts it would add, such as pipes and stuff, and giant waterfalls where you have to dodge falling gliders on your way down (with flippers of course).

Couldn't you achieve the same effect (more or less) with force floors?

Couldn't you achieve the same effect (more or less) with force floors?

Not really the effect but you can still get the same idea by doing this. See JoshL2 Level 112.

I'm talking the future here. Maybe it could happen for Puzzle Studio.

I love how all of our ideas are mentioned as potential ones for Puzzle Studio.

Careful, we don't want to add way too much to that game. ;)

Isn't it going to be open-source so people can add whatever they want to the game? If I could program I'd totally add that sort of stuff!

The way it's being presented right now, suggestions are being taken - but I think the game will eventually stand with a set number of features that Chuck will have to approve.

Then I want a tile that all monsters can cross but Chip cannot!. (Okay, I know that can be done as it was in 3144, but that was too complex.)

It doesn't have to be that complex - the "clone machine that clones directly onto the clone button" concept is pretty simple.

It doesn't have to be that complex - the "clone machine that clones directly onto the clone button" concept is pretty simple.

Like I said "as in 3144." However, that requires TWO tiles and wastes a button connnection.

There's not a limit on button connections, is there?

Also, you could always do a "gliders don't die in fire" thing, as with Wormwood. Or is that an MS-only thing?