James

Anime

Well, it's a ranking from 1 to 5, 1 being near perfection, 2 being extremely great, 3 being good-but-with-flaws, 4 being i-don't-like-it-but-i-acknowledge-that-it-has-its-charms, and 5 is everything worse that that.

Most animes I really like are in 2, like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, FLCL, Gurren Lagann, Dennou Coil, and now MSMM. It's a good place to be.

The ending wasn't bad...

It was just a lot happier than I expected and exposed some inconsistencies regarding Kyuube's powers. Also, I rather liked the concept that had been cultivated in the penultimate episodes and felt conflicted when the last episode subverted that whole premise. It felt like the series was leading towards something and what it was leading to was not really what actually happened, not that I particularly feel I can pinpoint what it was leading to any better. Also, I didn't really like the epilogue much either, which provided hollow intimations of Madoka's legacy without providing much substance. It could have been pared down significantly.

Well, it's a ranking from 1 to 5, 1 being near perfection, 2 being extremely great, 3 being good-but-with-flaws, 4 being i-don't-like-it-but-i-acknowledge-that-it-has-its-charms, and 5 is everything worse that that.

Most animes I really like are in 2, like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, FLCL, Gurren Lagann, Dennou Coil, and now MSMM. It's a good place to be.

The ending wasn't bad...

It was just a lot happier than I expected and exposed some inconsistencies regarding Kyuube's powers. Also, I rather liked the concept that had been cultivated in the penultimate episodes and felt conflicted when the last episode subverted that whole premise. It felt like the series was leading towards something and what it was leading to was not really what actually happened, not that I particularly feel I can pinpoint what it was leading to any better. Also, I didn't really like the epilogue much either, which provided hollow intimations of Madoka's legacy without providing much substance. It could have been pared down significantly.

Fair enough. Glad you enjoyed it in any case :) Also, I'm a bit surprised you enjoy Haruhi Suzumiya...it's one of my favourites as well. Still haven't finished watching Evangelion yet, been spending too much time optimizing CC levels :P

• Upvote 1

For the record, my anime culture is basically only made of Pokemon and Cardcaptor Sakura. I also happen to know a little bit of the DB and Naruto series just by being dipped in it here and there by my sisters and some video games. I believe I'll start my anime journey with Death Note.

Yeah it looks great too.

I've been dipped in Hetalia by my sister. I might watch that before Death Note. What do you guys think?

I am a huge fan of anime and I watched a lot. There are so many that I like but the ones that I really like are

5. Fullmetal Alchemist (also Brotherhood)

4. Soul Eater

3. Code Geass

2. Clannad

1. Cowboy Bebop

I have also watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica the anime series in which I believe was sort of mentioned in Josh's Not CCLP4 episode. I have yet to watch the movies though, but my feelings to that anime are intense. It focuses on what the price is to be a magical girl which is purely costly. Nevertheless one of my new favorites that I have watched. Just wondering what you guys like and what I should watch next.

I recently watched Kemono no Souja Erin, which is really good. It's fairly slow-paced and there's not a lot of action, which is fine with me. Erin is a great character. It's also got some nice music:

Sound of the Sky (Sora no Woto) was another anime that I liked. Puella Magi Madoka Magica is on my to-watch list.