jblewis

The Official Birthday Thread!

As much as the world glorifies drinking, I have so many hobbies that require a sober mind (especially logic puzzles) that I am proud to be a teetotaller at the ripe old age of 24.

(By the way, my birthday is May 26. Be very afraid.)

I've honestly never written a decent term paper or other piece of prose without being intoxicated. I've tried playing chess while drunk, and all I can say is that it's not as bad as you might expect. It's certainly better than trying to play it while fatigued from a lack of sleep.

I've honestly never written a decent term paper or other piece of prose without being intoxicated. I've tried playing chess while drunk, and all I can say is that it's not as bad as you might expect. It's certainly better than trying to play it while fatigued from a lack of sleep.

(Y)

As much as the world glorifies drinking, I have so many hobbies that require a sober mind (especially logic puzzles) that I am proud to be a teetotaller at the ripe old age of 24.

I don't really like the world's fascination with alcohol either, although I wouldn't go as far as to never have a drink. ("a" being the key word: nothing about getting drunk appeals to me)

• Upvote 1

Me too. I drink socially on occasion, but getting drunk is near the very bottom of my 'Thingsnto do before I die' list.

Oh, by the way, it's my 18th today!!!!

• Upvote 2

Happy birthday, Michael!

happy birthday Michael! Next August I'll be three years old :)

2013h.png

your math teacher will be hearing from me

• Upvote 2

Who does math that way anymore, anyway? Elementary schoolchildren?

I'd rather get detention than lose my rights to use a calculator like everyone else does in REAL LIFE.

Actually, doing it in your head helps the concept of thinking and keeps your brain active, connections and all this fancy stuff so that you don't become retarded at the age of 55.

(Maybe that escalated a lil' too quickly there, didn't it?)

Anyway, I do the math in my head most of the time IRL.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of which, the Android alarm clock app that I mentioned in the other thread requires me to solve 4 math problems before any snoozing or turning it off. It's all good until I run into something multiplied by 13, which was the times table I never memorized. It takes about 40 seconds to do on average, which by that time, the music has played long enough to get me awake enough to get up right then.

Okay, I forgot how much this thread was de-railed from the original discussion.

Who does math that way anymore, anyway? Elementary schoolchildren?

I'd rather get detention than lose my rights to use a calculator like everyone else does in REAL LIFE.

LOL I was bored that morning...

But that is quite useful when you don't have a calculator handy.