Sign in to follow this  
AdrenalinDragon

TomP1: 10th Anniversary Edition

Hey guys. It's time to reveal some footage of the upcoming 10th anniversary edition of TomP1. I originally had this idea after Rockdet struggled to finish the set so I wanted to change all of the levels. This version will be MS/Lynx compatible with all levels and will include additional level changes for all 149 levels. Let's start off with the starting point of level 144.

shenanigans.png

I won't reveal what the hint says, but it has something to do with that burnt Chip on the right. :P

Anyway, more level changes to reveal.

It's going to be hard for a level like this to be truly Lynx-compatible, considering how random force floors behave in Lynx. If I recall correctly, given the right conditions, two blocks can easily lock each other in a directional "loop" by going in the same directions over and over again.

It's going to be hard for a level like this to be truly Lynx-compatible, considering how random force floors behave in Lynx. If I recall correctly, given the right conditions, two blocks can easily lock each other in a directional "loop" by going in the same directions over and over again.

Yes, they can. Four blocks then I presume could make all of them travel in a straight line, but I may be wrong there.

Close.

"In loving memory of Rock 'You should be arrested Tom' Genereux." (Y)

So you won't reveal the hint to the level.. or will you? ;)

Why is it a burned Chip, though? The non-fiery one seems more appropriate for a gravesite. ;)

Why is it a burned Chip, though? The non-fiery one seems more appropriate for a gravesite. ;)

Because it's supposed to be Rockdet! :P

Anyway, here's a preview of the new version of Level 20's "Ice Hop"

tomp1speciallvl20.png

Spiffy! And the random fire gives it some nice color variety too. I like it. :)

I'm reminded of the excitement in the air on the NG over a decade ago when Mike released "MikeL1 Edits," and we were wondering what the edited version of the long block-pushing level with the hidden flippers (forget the name) would look like. :)

Nice! I like how it retains the spirit of the original while expanding it to a reasonable size.

Ditto! I think short, linear levels are the best teaching tools for the set's early levels.

How is that password visible from the gameplay window, though?

How is that password visible from the gameplay window, though?

The idea is that the player can partially see the last two letters of the code on regular playthrough, but there's a way of getting out of the gate at the start by simply staying on the far right side of the courtyard and moving left to trigger a trap button at the bottom left. You have to wait about 15 seconds for the pink ball to hit the first switch to allow you to do that, but this may change in the final release.

Gotcha. :) That's pretty clever - much like being able to figure out how to view the hint in "Motion Blur" as a bonus.