Sign in to follow this  
pillowpc2001

New email address

Not sure if this is worthy of a topic, but I'll post it anyway... :P

I'll be using a new email address from now on (mike@pillowpc2001.net)... This one should be here to stay, since it's dependent on my website instead of my ISP... :)

Thanks Mike! :D

I refuse to use Yahoo because they have in the past filtered emails containing certain left-wing political words. Seriously. This is the United States, not the People's Republic of China Tyranny and Oppression where this sort of thing is commonplace and acceptable you disappear if you speak out against it.

Never noticed any political filtering, but then I wasn't looking. I pretty much only use email for the basic emailing between friends. All of my public mail goes through hotmail.

Either one is not ISP-dependent, which was my point. So is gmail. I just never got into gmail (I do have an account.)

I LIKE the Yahoo! interface, but I know I'm in the minority.

Yahoo news is particularly bad when it comes to selective reporting.

I'm not a fan of the new Gmail interface, and I hope they don't force everyone to switch to it, because it replaces clear text options with ambiguous images. God, is it horrible.

Soon enough, Mike will have as many e-mail addresses as level sets. :)

• Upvote 2

Soon enough, Mike will have as many e-mail addresses as level sets. :)

:D

Well actually, I also have a Gmail, my school email, and a Yahoo one that I was forced to make for my Yahoo group account, and since the Verizon one isn't officially gone yet, that makes 5....so I guess I already do have more emails than level sets... :P Unless we're including old sets taken offline, in which case I would need 4 more addresses to catch up... :blink:

You only have one school e-mail? I've had to set up no less than five e-mail accounts for my various schools (including ones that were exclusive to certain classes). Fun!

You only have one school e-mail? I've had to set up no less than five e-mail accounts for my various schools (including ones that were exclusive to certain classes). Fun!

Yep, just one... Well, now that I think about it, I guess there's been a few emails for a few classes or group projects, but they were shared accounts that we didn't actually use too much, so I didn't count them...