M11k4

Who made the toughest levels in CCLP3

Who made the toughest levels in CCLP3, on average?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these designers has the highest average taken over the level numbers of the levels they designed in CCLP3? Basically, on average how far are their levels in the set?

2. 2. How about for these other designers? (This one is much closer, so just answer by what you feel and I'll post the exact results later.)

I used to enjoy Cityblock because (a) the ice/force floor room in the SW offered some welcome variety (and made me go, "Yay, more blocks that are closer to the end goal!"), and (B) the sokoban at the end, while frustrating due to its placement in the level, was one of those concepts with which I was obsessed as a kid.

I used to enjoy Cityblock because (a) the ice/force floor room in the SW offered some welcome variety (and made me go, "Yay, more blocks that are closer to the end goal!"), and ( B) the sokoban at the end, while frustrating due to its placement in the level, was one of those concepts with which I was obsessed as a kid.

Those are interesting facts J.B. but I just love how the "b" turned cool :P

I honestly like the sokoban concept at the end as well, however, being that it is at the end of a really long block pushing level makes me dislike it a lot. It wouldn't be so bad or have so much hatred if it were at least in the beginning of the level :)

This is going to sound kind of sad, but almost all of the levels I made on paper (and sadly, have since lost) when I was about 7 years old had Cityblock-esque sokobans in them. :P

This is going to sound kind of sad, but almost all of the levels I made on paper (and sadly, have since lost) when I was about 7 years old had Cityblock-esque sokobans in them. :P

You made levels on paper as a kid too?!?! WOW me too!! :D I always thought I was one of the only ones :P

If you really wanna hear something more sad than that, I made about 700+ levels on paper when I was younger (and to top it off, I lost ALL of them) :(

All the levels I ever designed on paper (probably only 3) involved elements that didn't even exist in CC, i.e. maps that were bigger than 32x32, teleports that were wired to each other, and thieves that stole keys (Y)

I'm impressed! I mean that you designed that many levels (and on paper no less!), not that you lost them.

This is probably why I have over 400+ levels available on the Internet :P

All the levels I ever designed on paper (probably only 3) involved elements that didn't even exist in CC, i.e. maps that were bigger than 32x32, teleports that were wired to each other, and thieves that stole keys (Y)

LOL that's just awesome (Y)

I made an entire notebook of Chip's Challenge levels that I played with my finger and acted like the monsters and blocks moved too.

(Y):teeth:(Y)

Also, I STILL have it!!

Bear in mind that I made these before even knowing that an editor existed. ;)

What confuses you about what I said about Spirals?

Well, how can you say that Spirals is fun and enjoyable, corrupted or not - if you haven't even played the corrupted version? (The corrupted version = the hard version, right?) I only knew of the hard version, and that was very frustrating I can tell you. We (my siblings and I) thought it was possible to finish it, obviously, since it was in the set, (and we were quite close actually). As I said, very frustrating. (I know now that it IS possible, if you're like Pieguy or someone :S )

I made an entire notebook of Chip's Challenge levels that I played with my finger and acted like the monsters and blocks moved too.

That's awesome! Wish I'd been that creative and resourceful as a kid, at the peak of my CC obsession. ;)

Well, how can you say that Spirals is fun and enjoyable, corrupted or not - if you haven't even played the corrupted version? (The corrupted version = the hard version, right?) I only knew of the hard version, and that was very frustrating I can tell you. We (my siblings and I) thought it was possible to finish it, obviously, since it was in the set, (and we were quite close actually). As I said, very frustrating. (I know now that it IS possible, if you're like Pieguy or someone :S )

Haha, word. I doubt anyone would seriously consider the corrupted version to be "fun and enjoyable." :)

I was only saying I liked the level. I don't have to play the corrupted version to determine my liking of the level. I still think Spirals is fun and enjoyable, regardless if it's corrupted or not.

If I haven't made my point clear there, then I don't know what else to tell you. I just like the level.

That's fair enough if you like the level; I think Ida's point is just that the corrupted version is so much more difficult that it might as well qualify as a wholly different level-playing experience. It wouldn't be inconceivable for someone to enjoy the original version while detesting the corrupted version.

Well it's understandable either way I guess. I never actually got the corrupted version of Spirals before and I don't think editing it to make it corrupt it just for the experience is a good idea.

Sorry if I sound harsh or anything. It's just hard for me to make my point clear sometimes...

How about Pieguy's " color wheel"??

If you think Color Wheel is hard, wait until you get to the 140s :)

Color Wheel is fun, except for the tank part at the end. Spirals "corrupted" was the original version -- it's just so hard in MS that Microsoft got a clue and made it easier in the "best of" series. In Lynx it's a fun level either way.

Surely Same Game is slightly easier to solve than YCTAOFNT...slightly, at least?

I only said Same Game in comparison to Color Wheel (both being sokobans) :P

But yes somewhat slightly easier than YCTAOFNT :)

All of the ultra-difficult levels in CCLP3 are clever, imo. Even some of the CCLP2 levels, for as much as I despise them, are quite clever (YAP, for instance).

Color Wheel is fun, except for the tank part at the end. Spirals "corrupted" was the original version -- it's just so hard in MS that Microsoft got a clue and made it easier in the "best of" series. In Lynx it's a fun level either way.

I have WEP4 (as well as 1, 2, and 3) but it's not the corrupted version... Maybe they caught it fairly early after the release and fixed it for later versions of the WEPs?