Sign in to follow this  
BigOto2

BigOto7.ccl

Coming 2012, I will release my first set since the PBG series in mid-2008, also known as BigOto Returns! It will be considered for CCLP1 and most likely CCLP4, and as such is intended to be compatible in both rulesets (although I test mainly in Lynx and only MS when mechanics such as slide delay and C/B glitch are involved).

Some gameplay videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCLx6O4ZDzs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8IaAufauII

To be completely honest, I can't wait to test that one, if only to see where your quest of approval has brought you VS your old self. It will definitely be an interesting set to look forward to.

Maybe I should wait and LP this set when it comes out... I'm sure you guys can wait... :)

It comes out very soon, but Josh already plans on LPing it if that changes anything. :)

*wishes this forum had all of the smileys on the MKWii forums*

It comes out very soon, but Josh already plans on LPing it if that changes anything. :)

Aww... That means I should LP something else :mellow:

(Yes it did change something)

It shouldn't change anything, tbh. You do what you want. After all, CC1 has been done bazillion times...

I'll still play the set, and if Josh claimed LPing the set before I did, he should get to do it. And besides, I can do what I want, right? so if I want to let Josh LP it, I'll let him. :)

This appears to be a very promising level set and I really look forward to playing it. I wonder how much of it is solvable in MS? I understood that it was being designed for Lynx.

They both look pretty good! I think you should definatly submit them to CCLP1, but change the name of Vivid Dream to avoid confusion, maybe?

I think the level name is fine, similar to Underground Delivery in my set. If people start appearing confused I would change it, and I can imagine if it makes CCLP1 it would be changed too.

This appears to be a very promising level set and I really look forward to playing it. I wonder how much of it is solvable in MS? I understood that it was being designed for Lynx.

It's not that hard to make levels for Lynx that work in MS, it's mostly the other way around that's a bit more nifty and tricky.

It's not that hard to make levels for Lynx that work in MS, it's mostly the other way around that's a bit more nifty and tricky.

This is certainly true. Point conceeded...

I am designing the levels to be compatible with both rulesets. In a situation where the C/B glitch may be a problem I do extra testing in MS.

I am designing the levels to be compatible with both rulesets. In a situation where the C/B glitch may be a problem I do extra testing in MS.

That's a good idea. I should maybe try that myself when making more BHLS2 or when I get to BHLS3 (if I ever do) so I don't have problems like what's already happened in my sets. (Specifically Coaster)

It's way easier to start from a MS designed level, IMO. That is, if you don't do invalid tiles.

Can't wait to see the finished product! I'm curious, though, about the name. Is "BigOto7" is a reference to Mario Kart 7?

Can't wait to see the finished product! I'm curious, though, about the name. Is "BigOto7" is a reference to Mario Kart 7?

No, it is actually my 7th levelset if you count them all up (minus PBGA.dat which simply had them all). However, I have noticed this and I think it is a nice coincidence.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this set! I did get a bit of spoilers of it, as I'm watching you LP my 2nd set (my teleport/itemswapping level being extremely similar to a level of yours)

Also will be the 1st to LP it! Anyone else is free to LP it too, it's basically up to Trevor if he's wants that. I don't have a strict rule saying you can't LP the same set lol.

I don't have any rules about people who LP my set, because like Nintendo doesn't seem to care about the thousands of MKW videos all over YouTube, I wouldn't either. In fact, I just found out that an old New Super Mario Bros. Wii set that I made ages ago has been LP'd by 2 people, it's pretty great. Personally I prefer not to LP what is done by someone else because it wouldn't be very original.