Sign in to follow this  
Flareon350

If your life were a video game...

What kind of video game would it be like? What would be your power-ups/collectables/whatever else? What would be the main goal of it? Who would be your main enemy?

As for me I'm not exactly sure how my life would be if it were a video game, but I'd like to hear other people's ideas first :)

It'd be a giant sokoban in the bowels of the back rooms of Walmart. :P

• Upvote 2

My game would include NPCs that constantly want to be next to me and get in the way while I'm attempting to accomplish the tasks in the game. (They would probably look like cats & dogs)

Actually, my sokobaning at work is more of the pallet jack-ing variety. :P

Oh! And there's also Tetris for arranging overstock in the back room storage bins.

Before that even came out, my best friend wanted to make a movie with a similar concept, in which a college student could be seen walking through daily life and having to encounter what would normally be mundane in a fantastic, video game-ish sort of way. :) Sadly, this never happened.

Before that even came out, my best friend wanted to make a movie with a similar concept, in which a college student could be seen walking through daily life and having to encounter what would normally be mundane in a fantastic, video game-ish sort of way. :) Sadly, this never happened.

Has he got a script? Not enough movies about video games or imitating them in today's society if you ask me.

I always felt sorry for Chip. Reading the storyline of the original level pack, one tended to get the impression that Melinda was just stringing him along for her own personal amusement. You know, the cheerleader-type girl screwing around with the nerd, just for kicks.

Poor Chip.

What really cracks me up is that besides the collectable items in the clubhouse being computer chips, there really is nothing else that links the clubhouse to the Bit Busters and their purpose. So, they enjoy hacking and working with computers...what does this have to do with genetic engineering with blobs? :P

Has he got a script? Not enough movies about video games or imitating them in today's society if you ask me.

Oh no...it never really got past the "idea" stage. :P

What really cracks me up is that besides the collectable items in the clubhouse being computer chips, there really is nothing else that links the clubhouse to the Bit Busters and their purpose. So, they enjoy hacking and working with computers...what does this have to do with genetic engineering with blobs? :P

I got the sense that they're just a bunch of elitists; they're the kind of folks who have been picked on all of their lives, and because they can't retaliate against the beefy quarterback who gets all the hot girls, they decide to pick on people even more awkward and lower on the social totem pole than they are. Guided by their leader/temptress/wicked witch Melinda, they create a dungeon (they call it a "clubhouse") and give it a superficial connection to their club so that they can justify their hazing rituals. They go out in search of geeky kids who have a desperate desire to belong to something, and possibly have not-so-secret crushes on their nefarious leader.

Enter Chip.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps the storyline for CCLP1 should be very political in nature. If Chip actually manages to succeed in conquering the CCLP1 clubhouse (or wherever the levels may take place), the entire structure of the Bit Busters changes. Perhaps Melinda doesn't really feel the same way about Chip at the start of the story and sadistically sends him off to his death, only to fall in love with him when she sees his determination. :P I don't know...

I like it! Were you thinking of a coup or something?

I was going to suggest that it could be a Star Wars parody, with Chip as the "chosen one" who, as he progresses through the levels, learns to blame everything on Melinda and whine about everything imaginable (the decade messages?)...but I doubt that idea would be terribly popular amongst the TPM haters here. ;)

It doesn't have to be exactly the same, though. There's plenty of tropes that have been tried and true in fiction that could be used for CCLP1. :)

I still think the original "Knights of the Old Republic" did an excellent job of recapturing the original Star Wars trilogy's story's elements without ripping it off entirely.

You've got Madhav to thank for much of it. :)

The main contribution I made was the "destruction of the clubhouse" segment with the Indy reference. :P