Sign in to follow this  
Flareon350

If your life were a video game...

You're not missing that much without whiskey. I'm with you on the Gin being icky. I dig the Irish Cream, but that's something that my budget doesn't permit. Ditto for "Caribbean" rum (don't know if that's anything like Jamaican rum).

Not fond of mixers, though, for the most part...that's what OJ and cranberry juice are for.

I wouldn't judge you if you did drink every day, and to excess. I wouldn't trust anyone who DID judge you for that.

This is a really odd thought, but being an animated character just seems really appealing to me at this point. Maybe it's the way they move around...you know, that old transmogrifying itch that I think we all had at one time.

• Upvote 2

I love how upon doing a Google search for "transmogrify," one of the first results that comes up is the Calvin and Hobbes Wikipedia page. :)

I did too - in fact, I initially assumed that it was a completely made-up word in the C&H universe. :P

I've never googled Mabel Syrup or "Gooey Kablooie," because I don't want to spoil my impression/illusion that they are purely the province of Calvin's world.

I still associate "Wormwood" with Calvin, rather than with Screwtape (or even CC)...just as I refuse to accept that the definitive "Hobbes" is a semi-ancient philosopher. ;)

If someone wrote a real life "Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie"...no, wait. Let's keep that as one of the never-to-be-revealed secrets of the C&H world.

I'd read a fan fiction version of Hamster Huey if it was based on the "Do you think the townsfolk will ever find Hamster Huey's head?" strip.

What flavor was the beer? I'm of the opinion that you can't polish a turd, but I could be wrong in this instance.

Cherry Lime -- not bad but I much prefer the original lemonade. Also a fan of Jack cola

Cherry Lime -- not bad but I much prefer the original lemonade. Also a fan of Jack cola

I just can't get into Jack. I've tried. I mean, it's not bad, but I don't understand how some people can drink whiskey and no other kind of booze. It just seems so wrong.