geodave

The infamous super-collab level

I had it last but I sent it to Michael. My portion includes a "Firetrap" like scene, with a tank corridor.

What do you think would happen if you did a 30 x 30 and passed it through a group of guys who could only add 1 tile (or up to 6 tiles?) before passing it on to the next in line? Would it be garbage in the end?

ian

I think the smaller the contribution, the less cohesive the level would be overall - because it would become less and less clear what people's intentions are when adding certain tiles.

What was the math used for working out how many designers could participate in a 32x32 map?

I might join in, but I need to be sure it is going to proceed of course.

Alright, so assuming the edges are all walls that makes the effective area 30x30 - 900 tiles that may be changed.

4 designers would give each one a 15x15 area, or 225 tiles. This is much too large.

9 would give each one a 10x10 area, or 100 tiles. This is still a bit large, unless we have it designed like a series of 9x9 levels.

36 designers would give each one a 5x5 area, or 25 tiles. This could be fun.

anything smaller and you're just going to get chaos.

Perhaps the final product could be like "Microcosm" or similar levels. :)

Alright, so assuming the edges are all walls that makes the effective area 30x30 - 900 tiles that may be changed.

4 designers would give each one a 15x15 area, or 225 tiles. This is much too large.

9 would give each one a 10x10 area, or 100 tiles. This is still a bit large, unless we have it designed like a series of 9x9 levels.

36 designers would give each one a 5x5 area, or 25 tiles. This could be fun.

anything smaller and you're just going to get chaos.

I suggested 16 designers getting 6x6 tiles each, a la Everybody Get Dangerous, about a million times, but James rejected the idea (Y)

And how is 15x15 too big? Normally, one designer uses the whole 32x32 grid :P

I suggested 16 designers getting 6x6 tiles each, a la Everybody Get Dangerous, about a million times, but James rejected the idea (Y)

Was I unconscious when this happened or something?

If we can't add content to the level, perhaps we can edit existing content with the permission of whoever made it first?

The Competition Staff may have to divide all willing participants into teams in that case. :)

So who has the most current version? As far as I know, I was the one who had it last, in which I added a firetrap scenario as well as a tank corridor.