geodave

The infamous super-collab level

Six months since the last post...is it finished or just forgotten?

I'm not entirely certain. Let me check to see if it's finished or not. :)

I wonder when this will ever get finished :P hopefully it's not really forgotten..

Whenever mathgrant comes back. Unless one of us decides to override his dibs.

I'm here, I'm here.

What is the purpose of the fireballs and ball in the upper-left room? When playing the level prior to opening it in the editor, that room seemed strangely devoid of any puzzle due to the suction boots. Is this a bust, or a red herring, or what?

Welcome back!

I'm not sure myself. Tom made that room, then Lessinath added the little area with fireballs along with the block/ice rings.

You should probably ask tensorpudding first, since he was considering his contribution to the level.

Re: The fireball, I couldn't find a use for it that wasn't unfair, so I left it there untouched as a red herring. I could have made a use for it, but it would have been quite rude to change a part of the level that wasn't mine in such a major way.

I think I'll take a go at this, I was tempted to move that big section in the lower middle to somewhere that doesn't waste as much real estate - but I would not change it besides that. What do you think? For now, I will work around it.

Edited by Lessinath

The way it's set up now, the second red key is redundant. Perhaps add a blue key or chip behind the other red lock?

Please illustrate with a video why the second red key is redundant. As far as I can tell, the first red key, at (27, 1), has to be used on (20, 7). If it's used to get the blue key, you won't be able to get the exit because you still need all of the chips. Are you mistaking the block cloner on (17, 12) for a block that can be pushed north to get to the exit?

It might be more elegant to replace the blue key and blue lock with a chip and a chip socket, though, now that you bring this up.

Please illustrate with a video why the second red key is redundant.

I can upload a TWS here tomorrow if that suffices.

If it's used to get the blue key, you won't be able to get the exit because you still need all of the chips.

I'm not following your logic. Just press the blue button at 20,15?

Are you mistaking the block cloner on (17, 12) for a block that can be pushed north to get to the exit?

No. That's my block cloner :P.

EDIT: Uploaded the TWS(s). http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/188-the-supercollab-level-110-minor-bust/

Edited by random 8

Here's my proposed revision of the level on Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5l99huoj7xjkmb/Supercollab.dat

I changed several tiles, and even moved the recessed wall maze a space south, so that the MS "push a block even though there's a thin wall" trick can't be used to open the bottom red lock and then the top.

If this seems fair, I'll officially upload it to CCZone.