Sign in to follow this  
geodave

Do you still watch American Idol?

I'm not a big fan of music as a competition (so goodbye chart placings, awards ceremonies, battles of the bands, etc.). It just seems anathema to me.

I don't generally watch talent shows, but from what I hear, the other singing competitions on TV have surpassed AI.

I never liked American Idol's post-audition part. The audition part was good in the first few seasons, but now it's just as bad as the post-audition part and I try to avoid the whole show altogether (like most TV programs). Then again, I only ever really watched it if my parents had it on during dinner, so can't really say my Idol viewing habits have changed much... :P

The most memorable audition that I can recall catching was a guy who was a Randy Jackson fan who brought his Randy DVD that apparently inspired him to pursue singing. Then, when Randy shot him down at the audition, he proceeded to whip out a hammer and smash the DVD to smithereens. :P

I should clarify that the DVD-smashing took place after the audition and not in front of everyone. :P

I see...

Still, how'd he get a hammer? I doubt that most people carry a hammer with them when they go to a taping for a TV show. Just a hunch.

Perhaps he already had in mind what he wanted to do if he didn't make it. Considering that everyone wants to have their fifteen seconds of fame on TV these days, I wouldn't be surprised if he planned something memorable for either result. :P

I thought you meant staged as in the show's producers gave him a hammer, etc.