Sign in to follow this  
James

Chip's Challenge Bit Busters Club

^IT'S A CARET, NOT A GREATER/LESS THAN SYMBOL! :O

BUT BEN USED A LESS THAN SYMBOL

(AND I'M NOT USING A CARET BECAUSE I QUOTED YOU. AND I FIND IT REALLY HARD TO TYPE IN CAPS LOCK, AND TRYING TO RESIST THE URGE TO HIT SHIFT FOR I'S AND THE FIRST LETTERS OF SENTENCES.)

• Upvote 1

BUT BEN USED A LESS THAN SYMBOL

(AND I'M NOT USING A CARET BECAUSE I QUOTED YOU. AND I FIND IT REALLY HARD TO TYPE IN CAPS LOCK, AND TRYING TO RESIST THE URGE TO HIT SHIFT FOR I'S AND THE FIRST LETTERS OF SENTENCES.)

NO APOSTROPHE!!!!

/grammar nazi

NO APOSTROPHE!!!!

/grammar nazi

RAGEEEEEEEE-
EEEEEEEEEEE-
EEEEEEEEEEEE-
EEEEEEEEEEE-
EEEEEEEEEEE-
EEEEEEEEEEE-
EEEEEEEEEE-
EEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'D ARGUE THAT YOU NEED TO USE AN APOSTROPHE IN THIS INSTANCE, SINCE THE CAPITAL LETTERS OBSCURE THE MEANING AND MAKE IT READ AS THE WORD "IS" RATHER THAN AS THE PLURAL OF "I." BUT I DON'T THINK PUNCTUATION RULES HAVE YET TO EVOLVE TO INTERNET SPEAK, SO PERHAPS I'M ALONE IN THIS CRUSADE.

AND I FIND IT REALLY HARD TO TYPE IN CAPS LOCK, AND TRYING TO RESIST THE URGE TO HIT SHIFT FOR I'S AND THE FIRST LETTERS OF SENTENCES.

NO APOSTROPHE!!!!

/grammar nazi

I'D ARGUE THAT YOU NEED TO USE AN APOSTROPHE IN THIS INSTANCE, SINCE THE CAPITAL LETTERS OBSCURE THE MEANING AND MAKE IT READ AS THE WORD "IS" RATHER THAN AS THE PLURAL OF "I." BUT I DON'T THINK PUNCTUATION RULES HAVE YET TO EVOLVE TO INTERNET SPEAK, SO PERHAPS I'M ALONE IN THIS CRUSADE.

Actually, I learnt from my English grammar textbook in school that the plural of a letter, figure, symbol or acronym *should* be formed using an apostrophe. So I believe Bit Buster is correct and to leave out the apostrophe would be -----> *WRONG* <----- :fireblock:

- Madhav.

So MY grammar teachers lied? All of them?

I hate English.

Anyway, as long as your intent is understood, that's what's important, right?

Two plus Two is eleven base three.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who use binary and those who don't.

So MY grammar teachers lied? All of them?

I hate English.

Anyway, as long as your intent is understood, that's what's important, right?

Two plus Two is eleven base three.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who use binary and those who don't.

This is one of my favorite "kinds of.." quotes. :) [enjoyed it since the first time I saw it! :D ]

Anyway, ooh that thing has numbers on it!!