IceyLava108

Double the Last Number

Double the last number. Note: This thread will get ridiculously filled with huge numbers in about 30 posts.

------------------------------

2 (I remember this game and your fact about insanely huge numbers will come VERY soon is true! But it'll be in about 15 posts or so)

and nice blue 5

Just heard about the "second half of the chessboard" on the radio this week. Basically, 2^32 is huge, but a molehill compared to 2^64.

Apparently the number of possible chess games is greater than the number of atoms in the universe. Being of small mind and body, I find it difficult to fathom either figure. ;)

(In that case, lemme rephrase: 512 is the last number this thread will ever see which is less than the number of puzzles on my cleverly-titled logic puzzle blog at the time the number was posted. I plan on getting to 1024 eventually.)

Sixteenthousandthreehoundredandeightyfour.

In Finnish, we get to write all the numbers under a million together as one word.

1048576 - 1 M

When I was in school, I memorized the powers till 26, although I really think I should know them till 32 (what with the ubiquitous 4 GB limits on various stuff in the computing world). 24 and 25 look the best, IMO.

- Madhav.