Sign in to follow this  
BitBuster

Things that are broken around your house

My microwave no longer functions as it should. If I attempt to use it more than once in a 48-odd-hour time span, the device will not heat the food that is placed inside it. Obviously, this is contrary to the entire purpose of a microwave.

Even when I do use the machine and it functions in something approximating its intended manner, I have to heat the food for absurd periods of time. Ten minutes on high power should be sufficient to bring a plate of spaghetti to a lukewarm temperature.

For the past few nights and mornings I have survived on cold spaghetti. It's only a matter of time before I snap.

I have a broken netbook and a broken DVD player at the moment. I don't think I'll use another DVD player again now that I've jumped to digital and Blu-Ray discs. (Y)

Yeah, it's sort of shocking how quickly DVD's are becoming obsolete.

What's wrong with the netbook?

My headphone jack for my .mp3 player is almost shot. It's a ---- trying to find info on fixing it on the Internet, since most people seem to be interested only in fixing the headphones themselves. I might just go out and buy a new player (and go into debt to do it...yay!). I don't want to learn how to solder...I'm guessing I'd screw something up (either the device or myself).

What's wrong with the netbook?

The netbook keyboard is messed up e.g pressing X types S and A types D.

As for headphones, I have a few that are broken, and guess what? They'll all Apple Ipod headphones!

Any chance your netbook is set to Dvorak?

Get a new microwave -- geez.

I have computers that are completely dead. Also heat lamps.

Yeah, I plan to get a new microwave. I just have to motivate myself. Somehow the desire to consume non-cold-spaghetti needs to be weighed against the pleasure that can be derived from putting off the trip to Target and goofing off on the Internet.

Hate it when a keyboard goes like that...any touch-pad-like-device, really. It's so frustrating when the thing technically works fine save for the minor fact that it won't listen to what you tell it to do!

Everything works, except there is a very minor electrical code violation in the basement.

How minor?

Everything works, except about 206 bones inside of me (Y)

Which are the functioning bones?

What's with these damaged laptop keys? How are you people typing?

I have to admit that I have no idea how electricity works...what are the possible consequences of those extra 16 degrees?

I tried heating my spaghetti on the stove this morning. I think I did something wrong, because I became violently ill afterwards and almost missed the bus. Of course, it could have been a side effect of the no-sleep thing I've got going here...

This is why I'm using a desktop or - in this case - my phone when posting here. :)

My laptop used to be missing it's Control key though I'm getting it fixed. The lid latch was also broken, as well as the hard drive slot cover and miscellaneous other parts, although it surprisingly still works perfectly fine and fast. It is not the most durable computer, that is for sure. Only last week I snapped and finally sent it in to Lenovo, who have really good technical support.

It is a Lenovo x201 Tablet running Windows 7. Their tech support is really good though, and warranty covers it for 4 years. It is a school computer although I do own it, so if something goes wrong I just give it to the tech guys and they will fix it or send it into Lenovo if needed.