Sign in to follow this  
BitBuster

What's the weather like where you are?

It's friggin' cold today. I wore my coat and I was still shivering as I waited for the bus. Complete strangers were complaining to me about the cold spell. Naturally, I complained right back at them.

It's mid-April. It's after Easter. It should NOT be 30 degrees Fahrenheit.

We've had the exact opposite problem here in Texas: it seems to be warm almost all the time, even when it's supposed to be "winter." :P

Where I live, the weather is on crack.

Thunder in the sky, this it hails like crazy, this the sun comes out, then it pours rain, and recently a tornado about 30 miles south of my house. WTF MAN (Y)

Yeah, that's pretty crazy. Are you in northern or southern CA?

The weather was a bit warmer this morning. I hear it was actually nice last evening, but I wouldn't know, as I was inside doing work. I know that when I went out to the store at 3:30 this morning (stupid insomnia), I only needed a light jacket.

Josh -- the weather in Michigan is always on crack -- but at least we have Simpsons clouds.

Supposed to be nicer here today.

It's sunny out here. When you're trapped inside and your only link to the weather is via a window, it's sometimes better for you if it's sunny and cold as opposed to cloudy and warm.

Where I live (in the north-west of Italy) the weather is now sunny and there are less than 15 degrees Celsius, but we had two very hot days during the last weekend of May (we reached 30 degress Celsius).

The weather here in Seattle is actually quite good today. It's currently sunny and 54, but I wish it would get a bit warmer. At least it's not rain that we've been dealing with through March.

Tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, typhoons, floods, blizzards, and volcano eruptions all at once.

It's pretty crazy, to say the least.

Yeah, that's pretty crazy. Are you in northern or southern CA?

Northern but more in central CA.

Also I JUST EXPERIENCED MY FIRST TORNADO TODAY!!!!!!

To celebrate, lets watch Twister now :P

Northern but more in central CA.

Also I JUST EXPERIENCED MY FIRST TORNADO TODAY!!!!!!

To celebrate, lets watch Twister now :P

Describe it.. It can't have been very strong, or you wouldn't be worrying about posting.

Was it confirmed by the NWS as a tornado? If not, did you see rotating debris on the ground with cloud base rotation*? If not, it might have been something else like a microburst (which can have tornado strength winds).

*When there is tornadic rotation in the clouds, it's REALLY REALLY obvious. There's no mistaking it for anything else.

Also, for fun:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/mkx/?n=scary-clouds

Thankfully, most tornadoes do not look like this (enjoy the stock image, lol):

Binger_Oklahoma_Tornado.jpg

This one reminds me of Cold War-era propaganda, for some reason:

falsefunnel.jpg

Maybe it's the idyllic playground set against the ominous sky...who knows.

Sky let loose with a torrential downpour this morning. It'd been brewing since last night. Luckily I have my raincoat with me. (Y)

It's cold here. Very cold. I might just wear my winter coat tomorrow; forget how crappy I'd look.

It might rain tonight. I'm prepared as far as my raincoat goes. Can't say I look forward to the four mile walk home, though.