IceyLava108

What song are you listening to right now?

What song is everyone listening to as they are posting?

I'm listening to Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites by Skrillex.

So... as the title suggests: what song are you listening to right now?

Can't believe it took this long for someone to start this thread. :)

NP: Elvis Presley - Solitaire. If you don't like the King, odds are this won't change your mind. Even most Elvis fans seem to dislike it. I dunno. I <3 the Jungle Room sessions. :)

Some crappy Beauty and the Beast music (the movie is on in the background.)

I should put on some James Durbin and drown it out.

I'm not gonna lie: I dig the Beauty & The Beast soundtrack. Well, at least a good third of it...but that third is pure class!

Another bad movie song I'm fond of (and listening to now): Fun In Acapulco. I won't list the artist, because I've already exhibited a depressingly slavish devotion to the man's music...

I'm So Sick - Flyleaf (Y) *

I suppose I'll do what IceyLava is doing by putting a (Y) next to ones I like/recommend.

Beware: some of these i'll be posting are harder rock songs, such as the one above. I'll mark those ones with an asterik.

Also, some of them (as in a lot of them) will be christian songs, so if you don't like that, then whatever.

I'll also go with the thumbs-up emoticon for music that I recommend. You won't be seeing it very often, given that I'm self-aware enough to realize that my tastes aren't exactly, as the kids say, "hip." ;)

What A Waster - The Libertines

Morning Morgantown - Joni Mitchell

(I'm guessing this won't be a popular choice in these parts, but we'll see...maybe that's me going on unfair stereotypes.)

Power of Omens - "Word on a Line"

Way too many amazing parts to name: the intro, the singer's high notes at 4:31, 4:48 and 5:05, and the entire instrumental section afterwards, but particularly the BASS and guitar countermelody at 5:41, the passionate guitar solo at 6:06, the mystical band unison from 7:06 (check out these antique keyboard tones) which climaxes so dramatically at 7:54, and then a seriously cool keyboard solo at 8:04 with a pretty BASS line over the top later on. I miss this band so much...they're from my home state, and I'm as proud of that as J.B. is proud of CCLP3. (Y)