Sign in to follow this  
AdrenalinDragon

Pokemon

I'd pick Torchic, it becomes double Fighting, which you don't naturally use but really need on a team.

Also new change, added Ampharos to my team. Next will probably be Aerodactyl.

Anybody else picked the Fire Pig pokemon from Pokemon Black/White?

Nope (Y) I picked Snivy (Y)

I'd pick Torchic, it becomes double Fighting, which you don't naturally use but really need on a team.

Also new change, added Ampharos to my team. Next will probably be Aerodactyl.

I used both Treecko and Torchic way too much. But yeah I agree with the Fighting type, you need.

Ampharos. Pretty epic. Aerodactyl would be amazing to see :D

I really liked Pokemon in the RBY days, being just the right age at the time to be enthralled, even before it became a fad, had a dumb cartoon, etc. I did catch 'em all in RBY, which made catching them all a reasonable possibility, and I tried to catch 'em all in GS, getting as far as like 240, but I got bored of it after hundreds of hours of play (the last ones all required trades or were just ridiculously tedious to obtain, like tracking down the legendary beast things). And there was no point to leveling up past the point required to defeat Red, so that was the end of that game. I tried to play Ruby and by that point was totally uninterested with repeating the whole rigamarole again. Collecting all the pokemon had always been just some obsessive-compulsive task that didn't have any particular reward except completionism. I really really dislike games that require players to do repetitive endless tasks to get 100% completion and I don't think I've ever gotten 100% in any game that actually told you want the percent completion is. It ended up that I sold most of my video games around the time I gave up Ruby, including all my Pokemon games.

I'm bemused that people are still playing these games, I just assume that either there's a lot of turnover due to younger people who, if they are as old as I was in 1998 today, were not actually alive at the time that Pokemon Red released!

Yeah the original goal was to catch 'em all, which was nearly impossible. That's what I still aim at doing for the two first gens. After that, I didn't quite understand the thing other than pure commercial hoopla. Saddening.

Well I never made that goal. But in my LeafGreen game I have a total of 312 pokemon caught, out of a total of 386 :) Best progress I ever made in a single pokemon game.

And if your also curious, my game time is 289:17 :P

I got like 137 or something like that in yellow before I stopped really caring about the series due to outside things. But, I'm still a fan of pikachu.

Got 2 badges in Sapphire currently and on my way to the 3rd gym. Here's my current team:

Marshtomp Lv 16

Plusle Lv 16

Taillow Lv 16

Beautifly Lv 15

Also got a Zigzagoon as an HM Slave but whatever :P

I felt the need to post my progress. Deal with it.

Oh man I remember me having one too!

I know how it feels when a girl gives you something like this. My own girlfriend has given me MANY pokemon related things :P

I'm currently getting a Kingdra. Don't ask me why, it's totally not going on my team, but just to say: Oh hey, I have a Kingdra :P

Damn this was dead for like 7 months...

So who got the new Pokemon games? I recently got White Version 2 and it's an epic game :)

Man, it's been a while since I played a Pokemon Game. My sister got Pokemon Diamond a while ago, so maybe I could play that. (If she'll allow me to delete her file :/ )

I've already got White so I don't see why I'd bother rebuying the same game again. The last Pokemon game I brought this year was Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Black & White 2 aren't the same game, they take place in the same region.

I don't wanna spoil too much, but you definitely need to get one of them. There's a brand new storyline and a vast amount of Pokemon you can get that are from other regions. (especially if your a big fan of the Pokemon from Hoenn)

I still play pokemon semi-competitively (i.e in local leagues with friends) on the GBC and TCG. Never did get into anything past 2nd gen, so I couldn't compete properly anyway since everything uses the Gen 5 BW set-up, but I have devoted a ludicrous amount of time to pokemon throughout my life. It's probably one of my favourite gaming franchises to this day.

I caught all 150 (excl Mew, no glitching/cheating) in blue with a play time of 178:15, and all 251 in Gold (I was traded a Celebi, but the guy I got it off probably cheated to get it, so not sure if I count it lol) in 276:22. For my birthday this year my girlfriend got me all of RBY and GSC, since my cartridges had long since died. Currently re-playing Gold, since it was my favourite, and am at a pokedex of 108/250.

My current team on Gold (Gen 2) consists of:

Tyranitar

Houndoom

Dragonite

Electabuzz

Starmie

Heracross

I'm also the proud owner of complete mint sets of English Base, Jungle, Fossil, Rocket, Genesis, Discovery, Destiny (inc. Shining), SIC and BSP promo sets. Yeah, I abuse ebay to the max.

My favourite pokemon ever would probably be Lugia, but most people seem to ban him, so he doesn't feature in my teams ):

So yeah. Still a massive nerd.