The red button 1D 1L controls the tank cloner, and 1U from the tank cloner is another red button controlling the block cloner. But I think I forgot to do something.

MTNGP.png

The red button 1D 1L controls the tank cloner, and 1U from the tank cloner is another red button controlling the block cloner. But I think I forgot to do something. MTNGP.png

Yep. You forgot to open the yellow door. :)

There's nothing skillful about randomness... The walker cloner is ONE STAR in the middle of an otherwise five star level.

xgT8z.png

LOL I never thought this was possible! (Y)

It would not have happened if I had not been attempting to optimize it. It doesn't happen when you're trying to beat the level normally.

Yep, this is a double post. Totally worth it, because of this:

d3nWX.png

It doesn't look so bad, until you realize you need to get a block through that.

It's been almost a month with no posts in this thread? :(

I must fix that. Because this cook is *priceless*. What are the odds of this? One in a million?

GRFVv.png

• Upvote 3

I must fix that. Because this cook is *priceless*. What are the odds of this? One in a million?

GRFVv.png

LOL. Nice one.

Couldn't you hurry up and push the block up 1 space to prevent the fireball from drowning, then press the brown button yourself to release the blob, and hope it wanders into the water or out of the room without colliding with you or the fireball? The level may not be cooked yet...

But still, that's pretty ridiculous what happened there. Was this bad luck or did you let this happen on purpose?

GRFVv.png

WOW. Just. Wow.

This is seriously amazing stuff. Nothing can beat this. (Y)

Couldn't you hurry up and push the block up 1 space to prevent the fireball from drowning, then press the brown button yourself to release the blob, and hope it wanders into the water or out of the room without colliding with you or the fireball? The level may not be cooked yet...

Yes, I could have salvaged it with some luck if I was not busy laughing my arse off.

But it still wasn't guaranteed to be cooked...

Surely you tried releasing the blob, hoping that it would wander onto the trap button?

(And even if not, there was still one blob spare...)

And would perfect co-operation from a blob be able to beat the bold route?

- Madhav.

But it still wasn't guaranteed to be cooked...

Surely you tried releasing the blob, hoping that it would wander onto the trap button?

(And even if not, there was still one blob spare...)

And would perfect co-operation from a blob be able to beat the bold route?

- Madhav.

No, I was too busy laughing. So when the fireball hit the trap button it moved left and down and then meandered around for a moment and killed me.

Someone should test if this can beat the bold route on a derandomized setup.

Someone should test if this can beat the bold route on a derandomized setup.

I don't think it would...it only takes 8 extra steps to get the block into position (as opposed to heading straight to the trap), and the blob wouldn't be able to follow Chip and hit the button quicker than that... Unless you have to wait a while for the fireball to come back around (I'm not familiar with the timing of the bold route), but it still seems like the blob would still be slower... How long had you been in the final room before the blob made it to the trap?

Funny how this is pretty much exactly the same conversation we had on the chat two days ago!

It looks to me like the blob can only help score the same time as the current bold (if the parity works out nicely), In lynx, however, the situation might be different, but it's really hard to play the level perfectly up to that point so it's not easy to know for sure.

And to keep this on topic, here are two cooks I had already posted in the gallery:

MT 2012 Ida4 018 Steel.Rain.Trap

MT 2012 Ordeal trap

The first one is a very unlikely event, as there are blobs controlling how many gliders are cloned to come down in each column, and in this case a difference of one less or one more glider in any of the columns would have been enough not to not cook the level.

For the second one, the mistake was all mine. I cloned a glider (not pictured any longer) that then toggled the walls, after I had entered this confined space.

Here's another 2 from me:

IMG 0200

I forgot to upload this one earlier on in the year.

IMG 0201

This one on the other hand...

I tried to position the bugs so that they wouldn't be circling around the area. I had no idea this would happen:

stupid cook abandoned mines