Michael

For anyone who is on the CCLP4 staff

hmmm, so we're talking about that and CCLP1 is not even out? That's pretty great, kids (Y)

I don't think it's inhibiting CCLP1 in any way, so, where's the problem?

I don't think it's inhibiting CCLP1 in any way, so, where's the problem?

Exactly. I'm not stopping myself from talking about a possible future CCLP just cause the one being worked on isn't out yet. There shouldn't be any reasons on how that's a wrong thing to do.

hmmm, so we're talking about that and CCLP1 is not even out? That's pretty great, kids (Y)

The reason why I started this topic was to create an 'unofficial discussion' which, in the future, could possibly lead to an official one.

It's not a waste of time if people are having fun discussing it! :) Anyhow, I currently have 0 interest of being on the CCLP4 staff team so I think I'll just be a supporter again, when anything official starts happening in the following years.

Even considering that I have shown my face very little in the community as of late, it is possible that I will make an about-face years later, but except in that unlikely eventuality, I will remove myself from consideration from CCLP4 staff positions. I will definitely vote for Michael as a playtester candidate, again dependent on the state of the community years down the road.

Maybe again I've been misunderstood as I never said gossip and talking about it was bad, but certainly throwing it on the table right away would be a mistake for couple reasons.

Though I understand the hype since CCLP1 might not exactly be what heavy/crazy players are looking for their future solving-a-palooza, it has been accepted by the community as a whole that we take this turn for simpler designs and refined aesthetics, hence the whole designing for it. To start up CCLP4, we need the most amount of people possible to participate into choosing what we need in a new official set, designing and gathering the levels for it and evaluating what the staff will have gathered through a voting process. It's mostly gossip at this point, and perhaps that's why I was sarcastic about it. Also, the most we can do now for CCLP4 is discussing level designing choices we're getting into, and that almost will have to be discussed from scratch all over when we actually get there. Plus there's still stuff to do where we're currently at ― like voting for CCLP1.

I guess talking about CCLP4 has one legit use: Inciting people to design new levels. That can't be denied.

Also, for the record, I've talked about it numerous times about my will to be in that staff as well. Knowing how my life goes, dropping things behind to make it easier makes me wonder if CC will still be a part of my life when that time comes. That we'll see then, I guess.

since I missed activity on CCLP1 (which I'm sad about but oh well) I'll try to design at least one good level as a candidate for this in the future. There's a few ideas I have that I'm proud of, but they probably need some embellishment.

I'm not sure why we should think too far for CCLP4, yet we still have CCLP1 right on our plate. But again, I'm not sure why we shouldn't. Though, I will say that by focusing on CCLP1 right now will be helpful for the upcoming CCLP4, and not the opposite.

I think this will be the case anyway. It seems like past experiences with the previous CCLPs has informed community opinion and tastes in level design (not to mention brought in new community members) for the days that followed, and the same will inevitably happen here. Let's focus on CCLP1, sit back, and wait to see what happens next.

Does anyone else think after the prequel (CCLP1) is released and the "trilogy" is complete, it might be nice for the CC community to start fresh with a new set of differently named packs instead of moving onto "CCLP4" ? 

Does anyone else think after the prequel (CCLP1) is released and the "trilogy" is complete, it might be nice for the CC community to start fresh with a new set of differently named packs instead of moving onto "CCLP4" ? 

Yeah, we were thinking of calling it TWLP (Tile World Level Pack) I think, but it's still early days so don't take my word. :)

Apparently, me and Rey were discussing about an idea to create a collaboration level pack which is going to be made by Indonesian chipsters. And hence, will be named CCLP-Indonesia. It's still just an idea, though.

sounds pretty cool guys!

My personal feeling was that since the CCLPs are meant to gradually increase in difficulty, continuing to make packs "harder" than CCLP3 might not be to everyone's taste. I think that even for veteran players, the thrill of designing and playing simpler levels is something that shouldn't be lost as the community continues to make more packs!

My thought is that, given the release (or near release) of Chuck's Challenge, the next level pack may be a Chuck's Challenge Level Pack. Of course, that doesn't mean we can't have more Chip's Challenge Level Packs.

I mentioned this on the Skype chat half-jokingly, but I'd like to see what you guys think of it - CCLPπ (CCLP pi) - basically a set of ridiculously difficult levels to follow on from where CCLP3 left off with Same Game, Old Frog, Suspended Animation, Avalanche and Mr. McCallahan Presents. This would work well if after CCLP1 we start calling the sets TWLP1, TWLP2 etc. as the CCLPs would get progressively harder and since π is after 3, it would be effectively a grand finale of the CCLPs. What's you guys' opinions on this?

• Upvote 1

I mentioned this on the Skype chat half-jokingly, but I'd like to see what you guys think of it - CCLPπ (CCLP pi) - basically a set of ridiculously difficult levels to follow on from where CCLP3 left off with Same Game, Old Frog, Suspended Animation, Avalanche and Mr. McCallahan Presents. This would work well if after CCLP1 we start calling the sets TWLP1, TWLP2 etc. as the CCLPs would get progressively harder and since π is after 3, it would be effectively a grand finale of the CCLPs. What's you guys' opinions on this?

I wouldn't be opposed to making a set more difficult than CCLP3. However I would be opposed to making CCLP4 that difficult. At least, if the majority of the pack is that difficult. Honestly, though I'm probably alone, I'd like CCLP4 to be more like CCLP1. I had a lot of fun playing the levels in these voting packs. Some which are pretty difficult I might add, sufficiently difficult enough for the casual player.

I have to agree with what cybersmack said

• Upvote 1

I'm personally not a proponent of making CCLPs increase in difficulty. It would severely limit what kinds of levels we include once we reach the point where the vast majority of levels are quite difficult for most players (and I'd say CCLP3 is pretty close to that) and discourage designers who compose simpler, easier levels. Perhaps the "hardcore" levels should get their own pack specifically geared toward veteran players.

I'm personally not a proponent of making CCLPs increase in difficulty. It would severely limit what kinds of levels we include once we reach the point where the vast majority of levels are quite difficult for most players (and I'd say CCLP3 is pretty close to that) and discourage designers who compose simpler, easier levels. Perhaps the "hardcore" levels should get their own pack specifically geared toward veteran players.

I agree with this. We should continue CCLP's being relatively easy and approachable.

After those, we should take highly voted levels that were too hard and make harder but still "official" packages for more veteran players. There's no reason this needs to have a full 149 set, so we can be more selective without feeling the need to put in filler levels and can just put in the best levels for what we're looking for.