Michael

For anyone who is on the CCLP4 staff

Honestly, I don't really care what difficulty curve CCLP4 will bring to the table. I just want it to have fun levels! :)

Honestly, I don't really care what difficulty curve CCLP4 will bring to the table. I just want it to have fun levels! :)

That's a really good point.

"Is it fun" should be a bigger question than "how hard is it?" Because an easy level can be boring and hard levels can be fun.

CCLP4 in my opinion should be a combination of CCLP1, 2 & 3 when it comes to difficulty, however, it should not pass CCLP3's difficulty at all. 

SO I guess I do somewhat care about the curve but whatever :P

CCLP4 in my opinion should be a combination of CCLP1, 2 & 3 when it comes to difficulty, however, it should not pass CCLP3's difficulty at all. 

SO I guess I do somewhat care about the curve but whatever :P

The reason I originally suggested this idea was so that all players can submit levels towards, and for players, Beginners - Veterans, can enjoy as a whole. Plus the reason that our previous official sets were only catergorized in one specific difficulty level, it would be nice to see something else for a change.

ΓΓΛΠ IV

Mildly off-topic, but you do know this says "GGDP" don't you? And "IV" is a part of the latin numbering system, whereas the first piece of text is greek... Not quite sure what you're getting at.

With regards to CCLP4, I don't believe it should be harder than CCLP3, and I probably won't play it if it is. I found a good deal of CCLP3's later levels far beyond my playing ability, and sadly I kinda gave up on it. I've really enjoyed playing through the CCLP1 voting pool, and even though it's aimed at "beginners", I've still found some incredibly fun, challenging and innovative levels, which is far bigger attraction to me than playing a difficult level I don't necessarily enjoy just to say I could beat it. 

Mildly off-topic, but you do know this says "GGDP" don't you? And "IV" is a part of the latin numbering system, whereas the first piece of text is greek... Not quite sure what you're getting at.

'C' and 'G' were both derived from gamma, and what looks like delta is actually capital lambda. I'm also aware they are Roman numerals, not Greek, but i don't care :P.

Not people, only one person I know of... <_<

- Madhav.

If Madhav is just a nickname of yours, I can bet you thought of me. Regardless, you need to bump that ante up to two. I mean, I look forward to a lot of crap. Christmas Music only for December and Late November? PSHHH, START IT ON EARLY SEPTEMBER. Need I say more on that topic?

Christmas Music only for December and Late November? PSHHH, START IT ON EARLY SEPTEMBER. Need I say more on that topic?

Yes? Elaborate? Or was that just an expression?

P.S. He was called Madhav before you ever wielded a keyboard. I hear that the d and h are pronounced separately, and not as a voiced dental non-sibilant fricative, or even the aspirated consonant of Irish Gaelic.

'C' and 'G' were both derived from gamma, and what looks like delta is actually capital lambda. I'm also aware they are Roman numerals, not Greek, but i don't care  :P.

So it is a lambda... My humble apologies. I would have thought kappa would be closer to c than gamma, but it's been a long time since I did Greek, so maybe I'm wrong there too.

P.S. He was called Madhav before you ever wielded a keyboard. I hear that the d and h are pronounced separately, and not as a voiced dental non-sibilant fricative, or even the aspirated consonant of Irish Gaelic.

^ This.

I'm personally not a proponent of making CCLPs increase in difficulty. It would severely limit what kinds of levels we include once we reach the point where the vast majority of levels are quite difficult for most players (and I'd say CCLP3 is pretty close to that) and discourage designers who compose simpler, easier levels. Perhaps the "hardcore" levels should get their own pack specifically geared toward veteran players.

Judging by the layout of this post and by the complexity of where it is discussed, there is only one solution that can be done to execute such a perfect idea.

Guys, I have an idea for veteran pack! Call it CCHP1! (Chip's Challenge Hardcore Pack 1)

There is already a veteran pack.  It's called pi.dat.  Too bad it doesn't work in Lynx.

Guys, I have an idea for veteran pack! Call it CCHP1! (Chip's Challenge Hardcore Pack 1)

I think this should be a thing.

I'm glad to see some people like the idea of a set that collects some levels that are too difficult or complex for a normal CCLP. It's a pretty natural idea at this point, I think, as we discussed it in the chat here on CCZ over a year ago. (Much like a beginners' set was discussed right before CCLP3 was released and it was later brought up by other people, initiating CCLP1 :) ) Two of the main things that I remember from that discussion was that we need a good name for it, and it needs to be much smaller than 149 levels. I think the name needs to be something clearly different than "CCLP" and still be descriptive of being both a set of CC levels and a collection of difficult challenges. Depending on the levels included, even as few as 10-15 levels in all would work, and we could then try to produce them on a regular schedule of about once every two years.

My CCLP4 staff nominations:

Trevor Hedges

Zane Kuecks

Josh Lee

JB Lewis

Tom Patten

Ida Roberthson

Tyler Sontag

Michael Warner

I do not wish to be part of the staff, I just want to submit some levels.

I think CCLP4 should be playable in both Lynx and MS.

I also think that CCLP4 should not be harder than CCLP3.  CCLP3 is about as hard as possible without destroying the computer.

My CCLP4 staff nominations:

Trevor Hedges

Zane Kuecks

Josh Lee

JB Lewis

Tom Patten

Ida Roberthson

Tyler Sontag

Michael Warner

I do not wish to be part of the staff, I just want to submit some levels.

I think CCLP4 should be playable in both Lynx and MS.

I also think that CCLP4 should not be harder than CCLP3.  CCLP3 is about as hard as possible without destroying the computer.

I do not want to be on the CCLP4 staff. Sorry to disappoint anyone  :P

Also, I believe the difficulty of CCLP4 should not be moderated by the staff and should instead be decided by the voters themselves. If the community truly does not want insanely difficult levels, then they can give them poor ratings  :)

Edit: While I'm okay with submissions being opened, seriously, wait a bit for the staff to be assembled ("a bit" meaning at least a year). There's no reason to rush this. Let's wait for some more custom levels to be created.

• Upvote 1

Let's wait for some more custom levels to be created.

It has officially been announced that CCLP4 submissions will be halted until TS2.dat is completed. 

Let's wait for some more custom levels to be created.

CCLP4 submissions will not open until someone completes "the end of all time"

Okay let's all be serious now.

CCLP4 will happen, I can guarantee you all that. However, CCLP1 was just released so as Tyler said already there is no reason to rush this project at this moment. These rumors about me leading the staff and/or contributing to it should stop as well, because no one, not even myself, knows if I will do so. I personally would love to but whether I am able to at the time this project starts remains to be seen. 

Now CCLP4 can be freely discussed as a topic, being predictions or your own personal choices of your ideals of what CCLP4 should look like, however, until an official staff is decided is when the actual project will start. This all goes with level submissions, setting a difficulty curve, etc. This will all be decided by said staff.  

• Upvote 2

I'm considering it. Trying to figure out whether I would be motivated enough and/or free often enough to make a worthy contribution. As I've mentioned before, Michael or Josh on the staff would increase this chance.  :)