Sign in to follow this  
Hornlitz

Favourite CCLP3 Secret Level

Favorite CCLP3 Secret Level  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite CCLP3 Secret Level?

• Recurring Dream
    • Suspended Animation
    • Avalanche
    • Diabolical
    • Mr. McCallahan Presents

What is your favourite CCLP3 secret level?

Of all of the 5, I'd have to say Recurring Dream. It was fun to figure out and play, and fun to optimise as well.

Diabolical is next because of it's simplicity, especially late in the set. It was a fun, easy break from the other 4 secret levels.

Mr McCallahan Presents goes here because it was quite hard to figure out, and it took me a long time to get, not to mention the pink ball section. It was still fun to play though.

Avalanche is fourth, mainly because there's a time limit. If a bold time to a level is just over 300 when the time limit is 999, there shouldn't be one at all. It was too easy to mess up on too.

Last is Suspended Animation. It was hard enough to execute in MS, and near impossible in Lynx.

What about you guys?

Recurring Dream was just so much fun for me to play - and a welcome "linear" level amidst a bunch of entries in the set that played with a bit more open-ended-ness. It was originally the level I suggested for #149, as it contained so many references to levels past, but the rest of the staff thought that it would work better as a "fake" level (since it's within a dream), which would serve as a subtle reference to MS CC1's #145 - and I eventually agreed. :D

It was a tough call between Reoccuring Dream and Mr. McCallahan Presents. I decided to go for Mr. McCallahan Presents because it was a fun level to end the pack with.

Recurring Dream all the way. I haven't beat Suspended Animation yet, but based on everyone else's comments, I doubt I'll like it (Y)

Recurring Dream all the way. I haven't beat Suspended Animation yet, but based on everyone else's comments, I doubt I'll like it (Y)

It's not TOO bad in MS, it's just Lynx that forced me to hate this level.

My vote goes to Mr. McCallahan Presents because I had so much fun playing it! I was relieved to have beated it and finished the set with a great level!

Recurring Dream would have to come in 2nd, and Diabolical in 3rd for it being a good say level late in the set.

Suspended Animation = OMG

Avalanche was alright, I almost ran out of time on it though.

Last is Suspended Animation. It was hard enough to execute in MS, and near impossible in Lynx.

It's not TOO bad in MS, it's just Lynx that forced me to hate this level.

I'm curious to know which part(s) was/were hard to execute.

The walkers aren't really difficult to negotiate if you use a strategy and wait for the right moment...

- Madhav.

I'm curious to know which part(s) was/were hard to execute.

The walkers aren't really difficult to negotiate if you use a strategy and wait for the right moment...

- Madhav.

Mainly it was the fireball section in Lynx. It was murder to figure out, especially seeing as traps work differently. Not only that, but then the gliders were hard enough to get past thanks to splash delay. And all of that was after a long section with the blocks in the first place. I liked the idea of the level, but it was just too hard for me.

Mainly it was the fireball section in Lynx. It was murder to figure out, especially seeing as traps work differently. Not only that, but then the gliders were hard enough to get past thanks to splash delay. And all of that was after a long section with the blocks in the first place. I liked the idea of the level, but it was just too hard for me.

I don't remember this being too bad. The insane part to me was figuring out the bridge. Once I got that it was okay. Maybe you did a different solution?

I don't remember this being too bad. The insane part to me was figuring out the bridge. Once I got that it was okay. Maybe you did a different solution?

The Fireball section, getting them to die... that was near impossible! I died on that level more than 50 times in Lynx alone... Proof that either the level is too hard... Or I just suck...

Just replayed my solution in Lynx -- never had to dodge a fireball at all. I think you're taking the wrong approach. Remember walkers are predictable in Lynx.

You have GOT to be doing this differently than I did. I picked up ONLY the flippers at first, and I built a bridge NE to SW. I never had to move any blocks through the fireball area.

I asked for a lot of help on this one, BTW.

I think I'll record my solution and if you want to you can view it.

I had quite a bit of help too, and I get the flippers and suction boots at the start...

I put the blocks through the entrance to the fireball room from the teeth room...

I'm uploading my version now -- but it looks like it will take about 2 hours....stupid ISP.

Anyway, I take the flippers, then run around the level and get the FIREBOOTS, which pretty much allows me to get all the chips. Then I build a bridge directly from the block room because I can step in the fire to push the blocks into the water. I build the bridge across the water over to the start area, except for one block I don't push all the way.

There's a lot more to it, but basically once the bridge is built you can wake everyone up.

WELL... If I had have had this solution, I might have liked it a lot more... It's too late now though...

But it certainly seems easier and faster too.

The fact that we're still discovering things about Suspended Animation is just one of many reasons why I enjoy it so much. :)

I absolutely loved Mr. McCallahan Presents, because not only was the storyline perfect but the fact that it took me a good 2 hours but was the final level and I knew the end was in sight, totally made it for me. While it is very difficult, it is straightforward at the same time and every time I played I made it a bit further along, and then that epic moment when I finally beat it was probably the best video game moment of the summer. I always left the first chip at the beginning of the level for last, you know what I mean. I remember how the sun came out from behind the clouds in real life just as I was finishing the level (on camera of course), the whole environment was perfect. It had many classic LP moments in it too, including a dodging rant (cut out), dog interference (probably cut too), a phone call, many chipmunks, a VERY close call with a paramecium, what I thought was a lucky timing but really wasn't... the list goes on and on.

I think I'd rather not read what's said in this topic for spoiler sake :P

Yeah, sorry, maybe I should have forked a thread in the Level discussion section; but I'm not going to bother doing that now, so don't read the next line... :P

The Fireball section, getting them to die... that was near impossible! I died on that level more than 50 times in Lynx alone... Proof that either the level is too hard... Or I just suck...

The intended way is to place a block at (14,9)... ;)

- Madhav.

WELL... If I had have had this solution, I might have liked it a lot more... It's too late now though...

But it certainly seems easier and faster too.

It finally uploaded:

Farout isn't it? I tried like six other ways until someone clued me in to only taking the flippers first. Then the trick was building the bridge, which required the fireboots. It was still a pain figuring out the teleports and the "sort of" partial posting. I stared and stared at this one in the editor but only did it with lots of help.

I have not beaten it any other way, but I know there's at least one, possibly two other routes.