Hello all,

ZK1 has been released. You can download it right here at CCZone:

http://cczone.invisi...wnload/153-zk1/

or over at the Yahoo group:

http://f1.grp.yahoof...qkQgO1w/ZK1.zip

Feel free to discuss the levelset in this topic.

Thanks and enjoy,

Zane/IceyLava108

[note --- for the latest version, please use the CCZone download; the Yahoo version will not be fully updated until the final versions of the set. Thanks :) ]

Level 17 has no exit.

LOL I forgot the exit again. What happened is that I made this a level for ZK2.dat (which I suddenly started working on, currently with 5 levels) and I decided to replace the previous level 17 with the current one (Drown and Burn) but when I pasted it, it pasted a bunch of floor tiles for some reason. So I redesigned the entire level exactly as it was before but for some reason I forgot to add the exit. Thanks for notifying me (Y)

Edit: updated to 1.12, the exit tile has been re-added now. :)

Yes, thank you both for finding that (all the new tiles I recently added seeming that this level needed a bit more difficulty, so I added the extra stuff, but forgot a button. Here comes 1.29 :P

Sort of major update! Here's a list of some things I updated (with a few more, including a slight change again on level 130 as well, the second fireball is now a glider):

• - level 116: reduced slide delay in an area, blocked off one direction of a blob clone machine to reduce waiting
  • - level 128: made the starting section easier to exit for MS
  • - level 123: made block maneuvering in an area slightly easier to handle
  • - level 32: added several walls in the red door section so all of the keys are now required
  • - level 117: removed some gliders that would cause lucky timing when grabbing a specific chip
  • - added borders to level 114, slightly edited a path that a fireball takes on level 73 where the fireball went against the border, but adding walls and moving the path slightly left had no gameplay effect
  • - major aesthetic changes to level 110, as well as gameplay changes such as a button and trap added and new paths to take (though they are still pretty much the same as before)
  • ... and many more! Hope you enjoy! This will probably be the last "major" update, at least for a while!

I didn't fix level 4's hint thing, was too lazy, I'll get around to that whenever a level needs to be edited or something, as well as the level 9 thing (Y)

Y U NO replace level 15???

cause I replaced the old 15 with the new one 2 or so updates ago (Y)

(..um, if for some reason it's still the old reason.. wtf)

A somewhat major update! I fixed the issues with level 4's hint and level 9's hint and text file typo, as well as a new level 144 and another aesthetic change to 110 and.. a lot more! :)

Thoughts from looking through...

44 (Simplicity at its finest): Unsolvable in Lynx- the trap chip is impossible to return from. In MS, you have to let a fireball deflect off the tank and collide around in order to leave the trap, automatic trap releasing would make this fatal in Lynx. Strangely, it's also impossible to push the block off the force floor ring in Lynx- you'll always just partial post!

45 (Warped): Very clever subversion of typical partial post mechanics.

46 (Elemental): Unsolvable: can't reach the clone buttons.

66 (Pet): Lots of low time limits in this set... and 100 seconds to herd a blob seems quite unforgiving. Now, low time limits are perfectly fine, but this is the first one I think is really pushing it- I played recklessly and had some good luck and had 33 seconds to spare.

91 (Lake of Fire): That is a beautiful maze.

101 (Current): Functionally unsolvable- odds of winning are around 1/20, if not worse. That random force floor is pure evil.

And 106-108 all have a ton of precision required. I get that's what they're going for, but it still might be a bit far :P

Anyway, 3 levels that need fixes, everything else looks good from a cursory glance. I'm quite tempted to stream/record a playthrough of this set after those are fixed, even if I will probably regret it on the final decade :P