rockdet

The Let's Play Topic

Youtube has had a redesign, so maybe some rules have changed, but I think 15 minutes is the standard limit for regular accounts.

That's how it was when I first used my Flareon350 account. It's actually 15:30 for some strange reason.

As far as I know, you have to go a certain amount of time without any copyright issues, as they don't want people uploading whole TV shows or movies or stuff like that. You should get the limit off soon.

I remember back when YouTube had only a 10-minute limit, those were good times.

And yet, even though my account has had several copyright strikes and community guideline strikes against it, I too can upload videos more than 15 minutes (Y)

• Upvote 1

Actually, 11 minute videos were annoying to edit, tbh. 15:30 was looser which I liked much, and since then I try to keep my vids around that mark.

Actually, 11 minute videos were annoying to edit, tbh. 15:30 was looser which I liked much, and since then I try to keep my vids around that mark.

That's true, I try to keep my videos a bit shorter so people can watch them more easily in one sitting, but longer videos I can deal with. My Minecraft series will be kept to around 15 minutes per video at most, because they are in 1080p HD which takes up TONS of space (and plus I think it fits the series better to have shorter videos).

Well, rock, I know I greatly enjoy your LPs and would be very sad if you stopped doing them... so keep up the good work :P

I enjoy BigOto's LPs a great deal as well, for the record.

On a related note, I'm considering doing an LP of CC1 but if I start doing them I'll probably do Skyrim first. What do you think?

Skyrim is definitely something I'm eager to see from inside. Didn't want to watch any "influent people" LP it for some reason.

What's Skyrim?

Go ahead everyone, kill me now. I've been asking this for quite some time, and finally came out of the closet here.

The fifth installment of the very popular series The Elder Scrolls, Oblivion being the best-seller fourth game. I never played them because I don't like the genre, but definitely worth a look if you're into that.

I hate how everyone says it's the only good game these days. It's overrated. I am so f#$%ing sick of "Arrow to the knee" jokes too, I swear if anyone makes one on here I will deploy a :teeth: to their house.

• Upvote 2

Well, one must respect the hype for it certainly, as opinion rhyme with bias.

Plus, it is a pretty good game indeed, so I don't think it's overrated at all, the CoD series is... At the very least, they innovate with new concepts and one must admit that a lot of time and effort was spent in this title.

• Upvote 1

I hate how everyone says it's the only good game these days. It's overrated. I am so f#$%ing sick of "Arrow to the knee" jokes too, I swear if anyone makes one on here I will deploy a :teeth: to their house.

Having played it to total completion on one character and with a second about half way there, I can tell you that it isn't overrated at all. It isn't the *only* good game released recently, but it's certainly up there in the topmost tier. And if you have not played it yourself, you can't really review it at all.

I do, however, find the "arrow to the knee" meme stupid as well.

Well, one must respect the hype for it certainly, as opinion rhyme with bias.

Plus, it is a pretty good game indeed, so I don't think it's overrated at all, the CoD series is... At the very least, they innovate with new concepts and one must admit that a lot of time and effort was spent in this title.

With that said, you can also tell where they took shortcuts.

Yeah my point was not leaned that way since I haven't played it, but I sure know that it deserves the attention drawn to it.

I don't even know what that is but I don't think I want to discover.

It isn't that bad. In Skyrim some of the town guards say, "I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee."

Apparently someone decided it would make a nice meme. But it's not. It's just stupid.

I enjoyed Skyrim much more than Oblivion due to slaying Dragons but I don't really see how you could LP a game that long to be honest.

I'd only LP the main quest and the civil war quest line - maybe a few others here and there. All in all, it shouldn't be more than 30 hours total.

I'd only LP the main quest and the civil war quest line - maybe a few others here and there. All in all, it shouldn't be more than 30 hours total.

30 hours is still a pretty long LP. I know my Paper Mario: TTYD LP was 21 hours long, and there's 70 episodes of it, most of which were 20 minutes.

If anyone's seen Kurtjmac's Far Lands Or Bust series (Minecraft), he plans on playing for more than 1000 hours in the LP alone. So far he is about 2% of the way there at 100 20-minute episodes.

30 hours is still a pretty long LP. I know my Paper Mario: TTYD LP was 21 hours long, and there's 70 episodes of it, most of which were 20 minutes.

30 hours is fine if you're ready to deal with it.

I don't have the time so I can't do it yet, but, yes I can handle that. I will, however, do something shorter first.