rockdet

The Let's Play Topic

I actually had this conversation take place with some friends when we were watching The Two Hours the other night:

"Oooh, I love Rohan!"

"You mean Skyrim, right?"

"Oh."

I actually had this conversation take place with some friends when we were watching The Two Hours the other night:

"Oooh, I love Rohan!"

"You mean Skyrim, right?"

"Oh."

But last I checked, Rohan didn't have giants to smash you with.

So I just found out today that The Kid in IWBTG is an unlockable character in Super Meat Boy. :D Awesome.

Gauntlet Dark Legacy had tons of unlockable characters, including a happy-face-stick-man. (I believe there's also a nude Valkrie, although she comes with black censor boxes -- also available in one of the Gauntlet arcade games.)

I'm still waiting for some game out there to include the "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" banana as an unlockable character. :P

That's about the same chance as the Angry German Kid or Freakout Kid to be included in Mario Kart 8 when it comes out. LOL

That's about the same chance as the Angry German Kid or Freakout Kid to be included in Mario Kart 8 when it comes out. LOL

Has anyone done an Angry German Kid parody on Chip's Challenge yet?

What's funny about that was that I had never seen the "Angry German Kid" video before watching Trevor's...which made it even more hilarious. :)

If you guys want to see my Angry German Kid parody for CCLP3 here it is (took 8 hours to make if I recall correctly, as I was really bored):

This video is my revenge against the *horribly* stupid CCLP3 rule that you can't upload videos on YouTube until 3 people have completed the set. When CCLP1 comes around I will advocate to my limits for casual Let's Plays to be allowed right from the start, even if that means risking a copyright strike so I can make a Hitler parody thing as revenge when needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjtTzDcHukY

I've seen that Frustration thing at least 3 times, it's hilarious but sad that he BBQRageQuits at the end.

Trevor, the only reason why we didn't allow videos of CCLP3 to be posted online right away is because we didn't want solutions to be readily available for everyone - even as a temptation - right from the start. With no solutions available initially, more casual play is encouraged. :) It has nothing to do with copyright.

I'm still okay with this rule. But maybe we should consider allowing LPs of the first 50 levels after 10 people have finished them, or something.

When I said copyright I was actually talking about the Hitler video (which is certainly copyrighted), but initially when I got word that I wasn't supposed to upload videos of CCLP3 I was so freaked out about copyright it was actually hilarious, so it has since turned into a joke from my point of view. I was also under the false understanding that ChipWiki was in supreme control of anything CCLP-related back then, so that explains why they file the copyright claim in the AGK video. I agree with Dave in that LP's of early levels especially for CCLP1 (since it's easier) should be allowed when ~3 people finish them. I don't mind waiting a month or so, but anymore than that and it seems stupid (unless it's only the harder levels that are being restricted).

I'm perfectly fine with the gag rule they installed, but I don't see it as an issue ATM with the return of the revenge of casual play.

Also, Tom, this video is what made it all begin for me.